Saving On King And Queen Mattresses
When it comes to mattress prices, king and queen beds are naturally expensive due to their size. Shopping online mattresses can often save you money since the retailers have fewer costs to meet than a standard brick-and-mortar store.
Interested shoppers can also keep an eye out for the deals offered through yearly mattress sales:
Best Mattress We Have Ever Purchased
Very Satisfied, Our Younger daughter recommend Sleeping Duck to us, since then our Eldest daughter has purchased a Sleeping duck, we also have purchased three of your pillows. All family members sleeping very well. Many Thanks to Sleeping Duck team for all your help. **********
Purchasedin May 2021.
Hi Nancy S,
Sounds like you have a whole brood of happy Ducks in your family!…
Prior to our sleeping duck arriving. Both my partner and myself were struggling to have a good and restful sleep. Only to wake in the mornings with pain, stiffness and still tired.Within a week of our sleeping duck this changed. We also change the firmness of the inserts on one side i like a firm and my partner changed to a soft. Use the service sleeping duck provide and have a goodnight sleep. Cheers
Purchasedin August 2021.
We know how difficult it can be starting the morning with aches and pains, so we couldn’t be happier that you both felt an improvement after just a week! …
Order placed day 1, Delivered day 2, Decided needed firm on both sides Day 10, New Firm mattress delivered, during Covid times too. Magnificent mattress and solid reliable fabulous service. Could not recommend them too highly.
Purchasedin July 2021.
What a journey, sounds like you’ve had a great experience with your Duck!…
Very Comfortable And A Good Height
I have found the firm mattress to be very comfortable where as my husband loves the medium mattress. I am sleeping much better which is awesome and it is a good height. My staffy thinks so too.
Purchasedin May 2021at Sleeping Duck online websitefor $2,148.00.
Hi Mick A,
Sounds like we need to add ‘staffy approved’ to our website! )…
Read Also: Do Adjustable Beds Need A Special Mattress
Find Out How Sleeping Duck Mattress Half
Know better, choose better.
The service has been fantastic, prompt delivery and response to queries. The bed is just great to sleep on. No more sagging into the middle. We bought the pillows as an extra treat and they are just amazing.
Purchasedin July 2021for $1,500.00.
Hi Lindy Duck,
Sounds like you have a whole flock of happy Ducks at home! What an awesome review to read. …
My wife is very happy with her side which is medium. I have been previously sleeping on the floor on a hiking mat. Firm and extra firm were not firm enough for me. I have glued two doors together and trimmed them and they sit inside the mattress sock. The firmness is ideal for me but the winner is the fact that my wife and I can share the same bed again and to her delight the bed looks completely even on both sides. Whilst the inserts were not firm enough the innovative concept, and the package of being able to change inserts coupled with the prompt, professional and understanding customer service gets 5 stars from us. Thank you.
Purchasedin July 2021.
We’re so happy to hear that you and your wife have had a fantastic experience with your Duck!…
Fabulous Mattress, professional service and guidance all the way.
Took the time to advise and change mattress to our needs and preferences.The Sleeping Duck is so comfortable, our sleep has improved and our aches and pains have reduced considerablyHighly recommend
We LOVE that you love your Duck! …
Other Factors To Consider
Buying a mattress is like making an investment in your health. Getting the right size mattress is important for securing a good nights sleep. There are some factors such as your bedrooms room, budget, and number of sleepers that may influence your decision when deciding on the best mattress. Prioritizing these factors will make your decision easier.
You May Like: Why Are Mattresses Not Flippable
California King Bed Size
The California King bed dimensions measure 72″ × 84″. The average length of the California King bed is 84″. The average width of the California King bed is 72″, 4 inches less than a King bed.
If you are looking for a mattress that can truly accommodate taller people, those who like to stretch out in their sleep or share their sleeping spaces with pets or children, nothing will beat a California King mattress. Unless, of course, your name is Marc Gasol, then you might consider something custom.
A little bit narrower and a hand longer, California Kings are the kings of comfort. Tall people won’t have their feet hanging off the bed, sleepers who move a lot won’t be bothering their partners, dogs won’t get kicked off by accident, and there’s plenty of room for a kid to slip in unnoticed when they have a nightmare.
The California Kings luxurious size means you might not have space for end tables or dressers in some bedrooms. For those with space, the sprawling space may be worth it. We suggest some drawers under the bed for convenience, there’s room!
The Pros and Cons of the California King Mattress Size
- The California King is longer lengthwise. This makes it comfortable for those who are taller or have pets who like to sleep at their feet.
- The California King mattress dimensions allow for a closer sleeping arrangement than the King mattress size.
Should I Get A Twin Or Queen Bed
It depends on the availability of space in your room. A queen is an ideal option for single sleepers when you have space and budget for this size. Otherwise, a twin is good for average size adult sleepers who dont toss and turn a lot at night. You can consider the twin XL size because its 5 inches longer than the twin, the length of queen and king beds. The difference in price between a twin and twin XL may be $50 to $100.
You May Like: What Is The Best Luxury Mattress
How Wide Is A Twin Bed
The average width of the single bed is 39″.
The Pros and Cons of a Twin Mattress Size
- The cost of a twin size mattress is less than that of a larger size, though prices can vary depending on the quality selected.
- Gives parents with young children the opportunity to provide a mattress that suits their needs and is not too big.
- Can be a very great investment for those with a smaller amount of space to allow for their bed.
- The Twin mattress dimensions measure 38 inches wide and 75 inches in length.
- Available in both high quality and lower quality models.
- Many bed frames that accommodate multiple children fit one or more twin size mattresses.
- Twin bunk beds can save even more space and be a fun sleeping environment for children.
- Often the length of a Twin mattress is not great enough to comfortably fit a full-sized adult.
- Twin mattresses are not ideal for more than one person sleeping at a time.
Twin Single And Extra
- Twin beds are also known as single beds. They’re the most common choice for children’s rooms or multi-use guest bedrooms. These beds are narrow and fit easily into the smallest bedroom. Often twin beds have a “trundle” underneath to accommodate a sleep-over or second guest. Twin beds are used for bunk beds too.Overall dimensions: 39″ wide x 75″ long”
- Width per person: 39″
- Pros: Because of its small size it will fit easily into smaller bedrooms. Twin sheets are the least costly of all sheet sizes and are available in lots of patterns. It’s easy to make a twin bed.
- Cons: A standard size is too short for many adults.
- Twin Extra Long beds are 5″ longer than a standard twin. They’re often used in college dorm rooms to accommodate tall teens.Overall dimensions: 39″ wide x 80″ long
- Width per person: 39″
- Pros: The longer length is good for taller teens and adults. It’s easy to make since it’s narrow. If you need flexibility in a guest room, two extra-long twins are a good choice. They can be used as singles or pushed together to form a king-size bed.
- Cons: Bedding is difficult to find and not available in every pattern.
Note: What is considered “standard” may vary slightly amongst manufacturers. Before you go shopping for bedding, be sure to know the exact measurements of the bed you have purchased. Some standard fitted sheets may not fit.
Don’t Miss: How Large Is A Twin Xl Mattress
How To Clean A Mattress
1. Complement the mattress with a mattress protector or a separate pillow top. It makes it more hygenic, as it is easy to remove and clean. Some mattress and pillow tops have a washable cover. Read the tag inside the cover for more information.
2. Make sure that the zipper is closed when washing the mattress cover. Vacuuming the mattress helps to remove dust and mites. Use upholstery cleaner to remove stains.
3. If your mattress is turnable you should turn it about every three months. Turning a mattress ensures more even wear and helps to prolong its comfort. Dont fold the mattress. It can damage the springs and materials inside.
4. Even the best mattresses become less comfortable with age, and all mattresses accumulate dust and mites over the years. So even if the mattresses have a 25-year warranty, we still recommend that you change your mattress every 8-10 years.
The Complete Guide To Mattress Sizes & Dimensions
Perhaps the most important part of purchasing a new mattress is finding the perfect size based on your specific needs. Are you a single sleeper or a couple? What is your room size? What is your budget?
A new bed that matches your personal preference is a joy to bring home. To assist you in your search for the right mattress, here is a mattress size chart with all of the popular mattress sizes available as well as the mattress dimensions.
Don’t Miss: Where To Get Rid Of Box Spring Mattress
Other Mattress Size Factors That Influence Your Decision
Buying a mattress is a long-term investment in your health, and there are a number of things to think about during your search for the best mattress. Almost all mattress types are available in all standard sizes, but factors like the size of your bedroom also have to be considered while deciding on the size of your mattress.
Can A King Mattress Fit In A 10 X 12 Room
Technically yes, it needs to because every facet of a king mattress is under 7 ft. But you may not have sufficient space to get a nightstand on every side of the mattress or additional bedroom furniture. Additionally, it is based upon the king-size frame, including two to five inches into the mattresss width and length.
Generally, we urge king-size mattresses for chambers that are at least 12 feet by 12 feet.
Also Check: Where Can I Buy An Olympic Queen Mattress
Is A King Mattress Equal To 2 Twins
No, should you push two double beds together, theyd be only a couple of inches short of a king mattress. It is just two twin XL mattresses that may compose a king-size mattress. This is referred to as a split king also allows couples with diverse firmness tastes to share a mattress without compromising comfort.
What About Split Sizes
Split sizes let couples share a bed without compromising their comfort preferences. For example, if one couple likes a soft mattress and the other a medium-firm, a split mattress lets them set up their half of the mattress to their desired firmness.
Split mattresses also work well on adjustable bases. One half of a couple can raise their side of the bed while the other half lies flat.
The most common is a split king mattress, equal to two twin XL mattresses. Though less common, you can also find split varieties for queen mattresses and Cal king mattresses.
What Size Mattress Do I Need
When choosing a mattress based on size, here are few important factors to take into account:
- Do you sleep alone or with a partner?
- What is your body type?
- Do children and/or pets frequently share your bed?
- How do you position your body when you sleep?
- How much bedroom space do you have?
- What is your mattress shopping budget?
- If shopping for a child’s mattress, how old is your child?
Generally speaking, Twin, Twin XL, and Full mattresses are most suitable for single sleepers, while Queen, King, and California King mattresses are designed for two sleepers.
Its important to remember that Queen sizes will provide less space between the two sleepers than a King or California King will. If you and your sleep partner prefer sleeping close to one another, then a Queen will most likely work. Otherwise, a King or California King will be a better option.
Most single sleepers will find all mattress sizes provide adequate space for them, regardless of their height or weight. However, those with larger bodies should consider mattress width. A typical Twin/Twin XL mattress measures 38 to 39 inches wide, while a Full usually measures 53 to 54 inches wide. If these dimensions are too narrow, then consider a Queen or larger.
If you share your bed with a larger dog, then a Queen or larger may be needed even if you dont have an adult sleep partner. However, Twin, Twin XL, and Full mattresses may be large enough to accommodate you and a smaller dog, cat, and other smaller pets.
King Bed Dimensions: 76 W X 80 L
Over the years, king size has become a very popular option. Each person has his or her own sleeping space. There is generally less partner disturbance and both get a better nights sleep. If you have pets or children who often climb in the bed with you, youll love the extra space of a king size bed. Sometimes, this size is called Eastern king.
Recommended Reading: Are Tempurpedic Mattresses Made In Usa
Alaskan King Bed Size
The Alaskan King bed dimensions measure 108″ × 108″ and is one of the largest mattress sizes available. The average length of the Alaskan King bed is 108″. The average width of the Alaskan King bed is 108″. It can be a wonderful way to fill a large bedroom. With this bed, its doubtful youll ever interrupt your partners sleep. At nine feet wide, multiple people can sleep on top of this mattress. With nine feet of length, it is ideal for even the tallest individuals.
The Pros and Cons of the Alaskan King Mattress Size
- The Alaska King Mattress will help fill a large bedroom space.
- The spacious surface allows for multiple sleepers, larger sleepers, and taller sleepers.
- This size may make getting comfortable easier as you can spread out.
- Limited retailers carry sheets so you may need to order them online.
- A large bed like this requires a large bedroom area.
- The Alaska King Mattress will fill even a large bedroom space.
Who Is Best Suited To A Queen Mattress
Queen mattresses have been standard in the mattress industry ever since the 1950s. At 60 by 80 inches, a queen mattress is roomier than a full size mattress , but it doesnt take up as much space as a king size mattress . A queen size mattress is ideal for one or two sleepers, or for taller people who find a full size mattress too short.
Though rare, you may also come across alternate queen sizes such as Olympic or split queen .
Single Adults: Many of us outgrow our twin size beds as we reach adulthood, and for some, a full size mattress may feel a little cramped. A queen size mattress allows ample room to sleep comfortably. While we recommend avoiding non-sleep activities in bed, many people also find that their roomy queen mattress is the ideal spot to carry out activities like reading, watching television, or just hanging out.
Couples: A queen size mattress is the perfect compromise for couples who like sharing a bed and who value cuddling and sex, but who also need their own space to fall asleep. Couples may want to choose a mattress thats quiet and able to absorb motion to reduce nighttime disturbances. Strong edges are also a plus, as they allow each partner to spread out without fears of falling off the bed.
Don’t Miss: How To Soften A Firm Memory Foam Mattress
How To Measure Your Mattress
To get the best results, start by looking for the dimensions located on your mattress. You can find these by lifting-up your sheets and looking for a label or tag from the manufacturer. This label will have the measurements of your mattress and thickness as well.
In case, you cant find the tag or if it is worn-out and hard to read, dont worry! You can get a measuring tape or ruler and take the measurements yourself.
Start with the topside of the mattress and go across from left to right. Take down the number you measured.
Next measure the sides of the mattress from top to bottom and also write that down.
Finally, you can measure the thickness of your mattress. Be sure to include the thickness of any mattress-topper if you have one!
Once you have that information, you can use one of the bed-sheet size-charts below to find the size that will be perfect for your mattress.
Things To Consider Before Choosing A Split Queen Mattress
There are a variety of options when it comes to a split queen mattresses on the market and it is important to think about your specific needs when choosing which may be best.
- Usage: How often will you be sleeping on this mattress? How long will it need to last? If you plan to sleep on this mattress for multiple nights in a row or want it to last for many years we recommend staying away from the entry level affordable mattresses. These entry level mattresses are intended for occasional use and wont hold up as well as some of the higher end mattresses.
- Do you and your partner have different comfort needs? If you are looking for a mattress that provides 2 separate comfort options then you will want to choose a mattress that allows for 2 different comfort levels for each side.
- Material: Do you prefer a specific type of feel. The comfort level of Memory foam to innerspring mattresses or latex mattresses is all very different. It is important to understand what it is you like to sleep on before choosing a mattress that is right for you.
- Firmness: What firmness do you prefer? Many of the mattresses we provide on this list will allow you to choose a firmness or are built to accommodate the large 80% of sleepers who prefer to sleep on a medium-firm mattress.
You May Like: What Is The Best Mattress Company