Is A Queen Size Mattress Right For Me
Queen is more spacious vs a twin or full, but doesn’t take up as much space as a king.
As a general rule of thumb, your bedroom space should be about 9 ½ x 10 feet to be comfortable housing a queen size bed.
The Queen mattress is the most popular mattress sold. To provide enough room to snuggle and still have some space, couples should have at-least a Queen size mattress.
How Much Does An Airfoam Mattress Cost
AirFoam mattressses are the result of years of research and design. They are completely free from memory foam and are proven 300% more durable than even the most expensive memory foam mattresses.
AirFoamoffers superior pressure relief and comfort without that sinking feeling, youre cradled in a supportive hug all night as you enjoy the cooling benefits of such an innovative material. Side sleepers will especially enjoy an AirFoam mattress. As they are built to take special care of the sensitive hips and shoulders.
The average price for full size mattress: AirFoam 10 – $659
The average price of a queen size mattress: AirFoam 10 – $764
The average cost of king size mattress: AirFoam 10 – $839
Memory Foam Mattress Cost Factors
Type of foam used: The type of foam used in a memory foam mattress is probably the biggest determiner when it comes to price. Polyfoam is a common material used in budget memory foam mattresses, but with the lower price tag comes a mattress that degrades quicker. Mattresses with special properties in their foam, such as cooling gel or copper-infusion, will cost more than basic foam beds.
Foam density: The density of the foam used in a mattress will impact how durable it is and therefore it also affects the price. The low-density foam used in many cheaper memory foam beds is less durable and tends to deteriorate faster. Denser, firmer foams are used in more expensive beds and tend to last longer.
Airflow: Some types of foam come in a convoluted design. This structure can promote airflow, helping the mattress sleep cooler, but may end up driving up the price of the bed.
You May Like: What To Do With Purple Mattress Bag
Resident Serenity Sleep Bundle
The Resident Serenity Sleep Bundle is a restricted offer that DreamCloud is offering
Inside the Serenity Sleep Bundle you will find:
- A snuggly soft 100% cotton, 300-thread anti-microbial sheet set
- Cooling anti-microbial memory foam cushions
- Water, sweat, dog drool, and oops-proof anti-microbial mattress protector
All three bedding items have antimicrobial technology to resist funky odors and maintain your bed smelling fresh as a daisy.
Picking The Right Queen Size Mattress
As weve mentioned, if youve chosen a queen mattress size, trying to find the best new mattress for your home can lead to decisions overwhelm with the sea of choices that are available in todays market.
Thankfully, the rise in online mattress companies and third-party retailers, like Amazon and Wayfair, has made it easier to browse mattresses and read reviews before you buy. Most mattresses now come with free shipping in the USA, generous warranties, and sleep trial periods. The sleep trials simply mean that if you decide you dont like the mattress, you can return it free of charge within the specified period.
For those who prefer to try before you buy, brick-and-mortar stores are widely available in most towns to test out beds in person. As always, we recommend starting your search with a personal inventory of your sleeping position, body type, personal preferences, budget, any areas of acute aches and pains, and other factors that will impact your decision. A simple list can help you narrow down the type and style of mattress you want and lead you in the right direction.
Also Check: Purple Mattress Financing
What To Look For In A Mattress
Your mattress impacts every aspect of your life because a bad nights sleep interferes with your ability to function. There have been numerous studies on how sleep deprivation impairs cognitive function and it all comes down to your choice of mattress.
When shopping for a new mattress ensure
- The mattress offers support without sinkage
- The mattress is comfortable
- Made of modern materials using cutting edge sleep science techniques
- Its within your budget
High-density foams, while costing a little more, are saving you money in the long run because they are more durable
What Are The Queen Mattresses That Purple Sells
- Purple Mattress – The Purple® Mattress is known as the bed that broke the internet. Its ideal for all sleepers with its cooling comfort and No Pressure® Support. It features a 2 Purple Grid layer and a durable base of high-density foam. As a foam mattress, it is hypoallergenic, resistant to dust mites, and works exceptionally well with an adjustable bed frame.
- Purple Hybrid – The Purple® Hybrid features a base layer of responsive support coils and a 2-inch Purple Grid. These pocket coils for optimal support, responsiveness, and durability. It also encourages airflow through the mattress for a cooler nights sleep. The Hybrid is recommended for heavier sleepers and side sleepers as well as those who want a more luxurious sleeping experience.
- Purple Hybrid Premier – The Purple® Hybrid Premier represents the peak in weightless comfort and No Pressure® Support. Featuring your choice of 3 or 4 inches of the Purple Grid top layer, this queen bed suspends the body in zero-gravity comfort, eliminating tension and letting the body relax in its natural state from head to toe. A layer of responsive pocketed coils provides additional support and responsiveness. The Purple® Hybrid Premier may be the best queen size mattress for any sleeper. Its recommended for those who desire the pinnacle of comfort.
Recommended Reading: Dreamcloud Unboxing
Is King Right For You
On the other hand, we have king-sized beds. These are specifically designed for couples. It goes without saying that it’s not worth it if you are sleeping alone as you could rely on a queen-sized one and use the extra room for something else.
However, if you would be sleeping with your partner, the king-size mattress really shines out. It provides substantial sleeping space for each person so that you don’t have to be tightly close to each other during the hot summer days. On the other hand, it also allows the necessary depth so that your legs won’t be hanging out. This is also something quite substantial.
Get More Info: Best King Size Mattress Guide
What Is The Best Mattress To Buy
The best mattress to buy depends on different factors, such as your sleeping position, preferred material, and budget.
- Sleeping position:
If you are a side sleeper, we recommend a plush or medium firm mattress. A softer mattress shapes itself around the shoulders and hips. At the same time, the mattress provides support for the rest of the body.
For back sleepers, we recommend a firm mattress which prevents the neck and lower back from sinking too deeply into the mattress.
- Preferred material:
Choose from our spring or foam & latex mattresses. Our spring mattresses offer individually wrapped springs that work independently to closely follow your movements and the contours of your body.
Our foam & latex mattresses are soft and resilient, and they spread your body weight evenly to promote restful sleep and better blood circulation.
- Your budget:
We have mattresses to fit every budgetfrom basic mattresses to mattresses made with high quality natural materials. But you can be sure that every one is designed to give you a good nights sleep.
Recommended Reading: Mypillow Return
How Do I Choose A Mattress
To find the right mattress for you, you should think about:
1. Firm, medium firm, or plush?We offer a variety of different mattresses. Deciding if you want a firm, medium firm, or plush mattress will help you narrow down your choice considerably.
A firm mattress prevents the neck and lower back from sinking too deeply into the mattress. A better choice for back sleepers.
A softer mattress shapes itself around the shoulders and hips. At the same time, the mattress provides support for the rest of the body. A better choice for side sleepers.
2. Your budgetWe have mattresses to fit every budgetfrom basic mattresses to mattresses made with high quality natural materials. But you can be sure that every one is designed to give you a good nights sleep.
What Size Is A Queen Mattress
The queen size mattress measures 60 in × 80 in and can come in different heights. The average height of a queen mattress is approximately 12 inches. Any queen mattresses over 14 inches require deep-fitted sheets. The regular box for queen size is approximately 9 inches and can come in a low profile at approximately 5 inches.
Don’t Miss: Purple Mattress Payment Plan
What Is The Average Mattress Price
The average queen mattress price varies from $125-$5,000+ but you dont need to spend thousands on a quality mattress. Look for a mattress made from advanced materials using modern sleep science techniques, such as AirFoam that proves its durability and comfortability. Shop with an online retailer to take advantage of lower prices and a free trial.
Queen Size Mattresses For Sale
Search by price, comfort and brand for a range of queen size mattress options at Dial-a-Bed online. We stock a huge variety of queen size mattresses for sale from some of the best bedding brands in the world. From Sealy to Simmons, youll find queen mattresses and beds to match both your comfort needs and your price range, ensuring you invest in a good nights sleep today.
Queen beds are perfect for a couple thats looking for a little bit of extra room to move. Weve done the research on all our brands, choosing to stock mattresses with only the best queen size mattress reviews. As the Dial-a-Bed group, we are proud of our status as South Africas number one bedding retailer and work hard to stock a variety of beds in a range of sizes, supports and prices too.
Recommended Reading: Drury Inn Mattress
How To Save On A Mattress
It’s no secret that buying a mattress eats up a big part of your budget. But there are ways to save:
- Shop AroundIf you like to try out a bed in person, try a traditional mattress store. But it’s also worth it to take a look online. You’ll find better deals on the same mattresses from online sellers that don’t have the overhead that brick-and-mortar stores do.
Most mattress companies offer a decent trial period for easy online returns.
Average Cost Of Queen Mattress By Type
There are several different types of mattress available on the market. Innerspring is the traditional mattress form and is made with interlocked spring coils. Memory foam mattresses molds to the shape of the body, while Hybrid mattresses have a combination of the two. Encased Coils are individually wrapped in fabric to provide localized body support. Gel memory foam combines the body forming properties of memory foam with temperature balance. Pillow Top mattresses offer an additional layer of comfort over innerspring and foam mattresses. Overall, Pillow top mattresses tended to be the most expensive while gel memory foam mattresses are the cheapest.
Don’t Miss: Purple Mattress Cross Section
Innerspring Mattress Cost Considerations
Traditionally, the quality of an innerspring mattress has been measured by its coil count. More coils made it more comfortable and, usually, more expensive. However, a high coil count does not guarantee comfort, though it almost always makes the bed cost more.
If possible, find out the gauge of the coils in an innerspring mattress youre considering. Higher gauged coils are made out of thinner metal and wont last as long, but they are less expensive. Lower gauged coils will last a long time, but theyll cost you more.
The composition of the comfort layer will also affect innerspring mattress pricing. That is the layer between you and the coils since you dont want to lay directly on them. If this is made out of high-quality foam or latex, the bed will be more expensive. If its more like the layer on a traditional mattress, the bed wont cost as much.
Finally, coils that are placed in individual pockets inside the mattress will cost more than coils that are next to each other with nothing in between. Placing all of that material in there to form the pockets cost something, and manufacturers will pass that cost on to you.
Who Should Get A Queen Size Mattress
- You sleep with a partner: A queen-sized mattress is the most popular choice for couples. You might think that a full-size mattress is the best for couples, but they are a bit too narrow for most couples. Queen mattresses give each sleeper a full 30 inches of wiggle room , which is plenty of space to stretch, roll, and change positions.
- You have a family: If you have a family, youre going to have little ones crawling under the covers to wake up mom and dad or get some cuddles in the middle of the night. A queen mattress provides enough space for a couple to sleep comfortably with a miniature addition or two.
- You like a spacious mattress: Many singles prefer a queen size bed for the extra space it provides. A queen mattress gives you the freedom to spread out and sleep like royalty.
- Youre over 6 feet tall: If youre one the tall side, a full or twin mattress will leave your feet dangling over the edge of the bed. At 80-inches long, a queen bed extends to 6 8 so taller people can enjoy their sleep as much as the rest of us.
- Youre furnishing a master bedroom or guest room: A master bedroom should be furnished with at least a queen bed. If you have a large master bedroom, a king size bed is also a good master bedroom choice. For guest rooms, a queen bed is a great choice since it fits nicely in most rooms and works well for both singles and couples.
Also Check: Moving Purple Mattress
Additional Costs For A New Mattress
The initial purchase price of a mattress is the biggest expense, but its not the only one. There are some extra expenses that youll want to budget for:
Shipping & Setup Costs: Depending on where you buy your mattress, you may have to cover the cost of shipping, in-home delivery and/or setup. If not included in the purchase price, expect to spend $50-$100 on shipping, and even more on white-glove in-home delivery. Some companies even offer removal of your old bed, for an additional fee. Many online companies now offer free shipping, so make sure to shop around.
Foundations & Accessories: Beyond the initial mattress purchase, youll also need to consider the cost of any accessories you will need. A foundation/box spring can be a major cost, and even small things like bedding can add up. The cost of these items varies significantly, but as with mattresses themselves, accessory prices tend to scale with the mattress size you purchase . Likewise, odd sizes like California King and Twin XL are more difficult to find accessories for, and many options are more expensive for these sizes.
Warranty & Returns: Some mattress warranties as well as return policies have expenses associated with them. For instance, some manufacturers require the customer to pay for return shipping during a warranty claim, or there may be restocking fees associated with a product return. Be sure to check the terms of each policy before purchasing.
Weighted Blanket With Removable Cover
The DreamCloud Weighted Blanket comes with a removable cover, designed to help you relax and relieve any stress you may be having because of the long hours of work.
Its made with the soft BlanQuil component which provides a calming, soothing sensation that can allow you to feel more relaxed and get a complete restful nights sleep.
It weighs 20 lb, tested as the ideal weight for adults undergoing anxiety, or if you want to enjoy a calming, comforting embrace as you relax and unwind from the day, this weighted blanket is perfect for You.
You May Like: My Pillow Mattress Cover
Average Mattress Cost By Size
Because mattress price varies greatly depending on the type of mattress and potential add-ons, determining the cost of mattresses by size is difficult without accounting for other factors. However, the average mattress price by size generally breaks down like this:3
- Twin Ideal for single sleepers and small spaces, twin-size mattresses cost between $100 and $500, with $300 as an average rate. For twin XL mattresses, expect to pay an additional $50 to $200.
- Full Best for young adults and guest rooms, full-size mattresses typically cost between $200 and $600.
- Queen The most popular size, queen mattresses typically cost anywhere between $300 and $2,000, depending on the type.
- King For couples who love to sprawl out or share their space with kids and pets, king-size mattresses are ideal. Because of their expansive, luxurious size, they tend to be on the pricier side. Youll rarely find a quality king for less than $1,000 and the higher-end models can cost upwards of $5,000. Although less common, California kings are around the same price point.