Should You Replace Your Tempurpedic Mattress Every Few Years
Are you thinking about buying a new tempurpedic mattress? Heres a bit of information to help you decide if its time to replace your mattress.
A tempurpedic mattress is a really good product and should last around 10 years. However, if you experience any problems with your mattress, such as pain, pressure points, or allergies, its worth it to replace it sooner rather than later. A tempurpedic mattress is not meant to be slept on every night, so if you have a lot of pain or problems with your sleep, its worth upgrading to a better mattress.
What Type Of Sleeper Can Use A Tempur
People tend to have different experiences on different beds. The most important thing to look out for in a mattress is the comfort and spinal support that it provides to the sleeper.
When it comes to how ideal a Tempur-Pedic mattress is for a person, a lot is dependent on factors like weight, firmness preference, and sleeping posture.
For the most versatility even in terms of firmness settings, the ProAdapt and TEMPUR-breezeÂ° models are the best pick. Sleepers that weigh between 130 and 230 pounds will do well to buy any of the two Adapt mattresses. The medium firmness setting will be perfect for them.
The LuxeAdapt will work for lightweight and side sleepers because of its soft setting. Back or stomach sleepers and Heavy people too can use The LuxeAdapt mattress if its firmness is set to firm .
Besides, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are a good option for people with a relatively large shopping budget. People who tend to wake easily after hearing a noise or perceiving movements will find this bed more sleep aiding. Also, if youre looking for a mattress that has thicker-than-average profiles, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are a good choice.
The Materials That Are Used To Soften The Mattress
The cooling gel memory foam has numerous benefits for your sleeping experience. It is an additional layer of comfort, and it helps regulate body temperature, so you do not overheat at night. The top layer is infused with charcoal which helps to eliminate odors and keep your mattress fresh. It is also naturally hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant.
Don’t Miss: Mattress Firm Refund Policy
Tempurpedic V Spring Mattresses
The average price point for a spring mattress tends to be around $900 depending on whether or not you include the typically more pricey hybrid spring mattresses in this range.
In the context of regular spring mattresses that have a fused coil core and an upholstered top layer that doesnt contain memory foam, its entirely possible that a TempurPedic mattress will last longer by a few years.
In which case it may make sense to go for a TempurPedic all-foam or hybrid spring mattress if it suits your sleeping style and you want a more durable mattress.
What Are The Benefits Of A Tempurpedic Mattress
A Tempurpedic mattress is very durable compared to other mattresses on the market, as well as, it can provide you the best sleeping experience. It also has some other benefits, below are the details of the benefits of a Tempurpedic mattress
The Tempurpedic mattress is made from the best viscoelastic foam that works great for reducing the pressure points on the body. The mattress can give you a comfortable night of sleep by reducing the pressure points on the body.
If youre suffering from allergy then you should consider getting a Tempurpedic mattress. A Tempurpedic mattress can help you to reduce the symptoms of allergy as the Tempurpedic mattress prevents any allergy-causing dust mites to build up in the bed. This mattress can help the watery eyes, congestion, and migraines. And by strengthening your immune system and healing your body, during the allergy season this offers you a good nights sleep.
When we sleep, our spine should be aligned. The Tempurpedic mattress is firm enough that keeps the spine aligned during the sleep. Though the mattress is firm, it can contour your body shape and decrease the pain from the neck, shoulder or hips and gives you a better sleep so youll feel refreshed the next day.
Also Check: Texas King Bed Vs California King
How Do I Clean My Tempur
Tempur-Pedic mattresses should never be cleaned using water or other liquids. If you happen to spill on your mattress, here are the three recommended steps to clean it:
While following these three steps is the best way to clean stains and spills on your mattress, you may have situations that require other cleaning methods.
If you want to remove dust or debris from your mattress, consider cleaning it with a vacuum attachment. And if you want to remove odors from the bed, consider sprinkling the mattress with baking soda, letting it rest, and then vacuuming up the remainder.
Its High Time For Changes: When To Replace Tempurpedic Mattress
TempurPedic mattresses can last up to 15 years. However, we mentioned that the expected lifespan is 8-15 years. But the length of TempurPedic mattress life depends on how you care about the mattress and the way you use it. Here are the things that can make your TempurPedic mattress last longer or reduce its lifespan.
- How often you use it. If you use a TempurPedic mattress in your guest room, it can last for decades. However, if you sleep on it every single night, if you let pets sleep on it, if your kids love jumping on it, this will significantly reduce its lifespan. Its all about wear and tear.
- How you care about the mattress. If you change the bedding often , try not to spill anything on your mattress. If you clean it from time to time, it will last much longer.
- How much pressure is put on the mattress. Weight is important, too. Coils in hybrid models of TempurPedic mattresses wear out, and foam is slowly deforming under pressure. So, a mattress used by a lightweight sleeper is likely to last longer than a mattress used by two people who weigh more than average.
So how do you know its time to change your TempurPedic mattress?
Its time to look for a new bed if your mattress is lumpy, if its sagging, smells bad, and doesnt support your body well anymore.
Also Check: Dreamcloud Unboxing
How To Tell When Its Time For A New Memory Foam Mattress
As much as you may love your memory foam mattress , sometimes, you need to look for the signs to know when its time to move on. Even a quality mattress can reach its age limit.
- Your mattress sags If the surface of your mattress looks like it has an imprint of a sleeping snow angel, its definitely time to upgrade your old mattress as this is one of the most obvious signs you need a new mattress. When you can see dips or you-shaped pockets in your mattress, this means the mattress can no longer provide the support and pressure relief you need, which can result in neck, shoulder, hip, or back pain.
- Your mattress is more than ten years old Age might be a state of mind for people, but for mattresses, its a solid way to determine whether its time to start browsing for a new bed. After ten years of wear and tear, absorbing sweat, oil, skin cells, dirt, and grime, and possibly a few jumping-on-the-bed-sessions, its time to let your old mattress retire.
- Youve noticed youre having allergy or asthma flare-ups Memory foam mattresses, like every mattress type, can accumulate quite a bit of dust and dander over the years . Unfortunately, this can directly impact your sleep health and you may wake up feeling sniffly or wheezy every morning. If thats the case, your memory foam bed is ready to join the big bedroom in the sky.
How To Care For Your Tempurpedic Mattress
Like anything, a big factor that contributes to the lifetime of your TempurPedic mattress is how well you take care of it. Luckily, TempurPedic claims most of their beds come with a removable and machine washable cover. If youre not sure about the cover on your specific TempurPedic, look at its care instructions or contact customer service.
TempurPedics covers should be washed in cold water and dried in a cool setting, or better yet, air dried. If you spill liquid on your actual mattress, you should act quickly. The memory foam material isnt made to hold up against liquid. So remove and wash the cover, and start dabbing the saturated area of your mattress with towels. Press down and try to get as much of the spill from your mattress as you can. Once youre confident the liquid is completely gone, air dry the mattress. TempurPedic suggests you use a fan if you want to speed up the process, like if the spill happens right as you were going to get in bed.
Never, and we repeat, never wash the memory foam. If you do, then its probably about time for a new mattress. We have a longer guide on how to clean a memory foam mattress.
Due to the design of TempurPedic mattresses, youll never have to worry about flipping or rotating your bed. If you ever have to move it, try your best to lay it flat. If thats not a possibility , then bend it in half during the moving process. Just try not to keep it in this position for too long, and make sure you fold the top side in.
You May Like: What Does Purple Do With Returned Mattresses
How To Move A Tempurpedic Mattress
The safe and efficient way to move a Tempurpedic mattress is to use a hand truck with front forklift style runners on the bottom of the pallet, like those that may be used to load construction materials.
Its possible but dangerous. Though one has probably done it before, I would not suggest it as the risk of injury outweighs potential gains.
- You can meet your needs by moving a King Size Tempurpedic Mattress.
- This will make it easier for you to move Tempurpedic Mattress with more people.
- If you have a clear path, you can easily move the mattress.
- If you do not worry about saving money when moving the Tempurpedic Mattress, your mattress will move without any hassle.
- This can be detrimental to you if you do not move the King Size Tempurpedic Mattress carefully.
- Your Tempurpedic Mattress may be damaged if you try to move the Tempurpedic Mattress alone.
- If you do not clear your path before you move the mattress, your mattress may be damaged.
- If you try to save money and spend less when you move the king size mattress, you may be at a disadvantage.
What Should You Do If Your Tempurpedic Mattress Is Starting To Show Signs Of Wear And Tear
If youre like most people, you probably dont think about your tempurpedic mattresss lifespan very often. After all, the mattress seems like it should last forever! However, like all things in life, your tempurpedic mattress will eventually start to show signs of wear and tear. Here are a few tips on how to maximize the lifespan of your tempurpedic mattress:
Overall, taking care of your tempurpedic mattress and being aware of the signs of wear and tear are the best ways to maximize its lifespan.
Recommended Reading: Where To Buy Wyoming King Mattress
What Is The Difference Between Tempur
Though other memory foam mattress brands may claim to have similar features, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are still the gold standard for memory foam mattresses. Tempur material is denser than other types of memory foam, meaning it supports body weight more evenly and is more resistant to sagging.
Tempur-Pedic mattresses utilize NASA technology to create the best memory foam, which offers the finest pressure point relief and alignment for quality sleep.
Some Tempur-Pedic mattresses are designed with four to five layers, whereas other types of memory foam may just have one or two layers.
What Is The Lifespan Of A Tempur
Tempur-Pedic mattress comes with a 10-year Full Replacement Limited Warranty. This warranty allows free replacement or repair within ten years from purchase. Note that you have to buy the mattress from an authorised retailer and follow the warrantys terms.
But what does this mean?
The manufacturer designed and intended the mattress to last this long and, as mentioned, is the average lifespan of most mattresses.
However, a mattresss lifespan depends on other factors such as
- the body type of the users,
- frequency of usage,
- and the use of preventive measures like mattress protectors.
You May Like: Texas King Mattress For Sale
How To Clean Spills And Liquids Stains From A Tempurpedic Mattress
A tempurpedic mattress is not designed to be liquid or water resistant. The mattress should never get wet or be subject to any type of water immersion or water spraying.
However, if you do spill some liquid on your mattress then follow the below instructions.
- Act fast and dont wait. Attend to the spillage the moment it happens.
- Remove the cover from the mattress and put it on a cool wash cycle in a washing machine.
- After removing the cover, use a clean towel, cloth or sponge to blot the spill.
- Blot the spillage until the cloth has absorbed all of the excess liquid and moisture.
- After all the excess liquid has been removed leave the mattress to air dry.
Memory Foam Durability: The Bottom Line
- With the right foams, memory foam mattresses can be incredibly durable, lasting well over the six to eight-year average.
- Density provides a quick way to gauge the foams overall durability. However, you have to take into account all of the mattresss layers and materials to get a better idea of its overall longevity.
- The warranty tells you how long the manufacturer expects the mattress to last.
Memory foam mattresses can be an excellent investment in your sleep health. When you know what youre looking for, you could have a new mattress that relieves pressure and cushions you into a better nights rest for years to come.
You May Like: Dreamcloud Mattress How Long To Expand
Additional Limitations On Warranty Coverage
In the event a warranty claim is filed and a warranty replacement is deemed necessary, purchaser will be required to surrender the original product to Tempur-Pedic at the time of replacement.
TEMPUR-PEDIC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE REPLACEMENT OR CREDIT TOWARDS REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH HEREIN. THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INC LUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THE WARRANTY DESCRIBED ON THE FACE OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
This limited warranty gives the purchaser specific legal rights, and the purchaser may also have other rights, which may vary from state to state.
PLEASE RETAIN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND ORIGINAL PROOF OF PURCHASE FOR AT LEAST 25 YEARS FROM YOUR DATE OF PURCHASE.
Which Type Of Bedding Should I Use With My Tempurpedic Mattress
I recommend buying a fitted sheet and a flat sheet to go with your Tempurpedic mattress. Brooklinen makes my favorite sheets.
> Write How Long Do Tempurpedic Pillows Last
It is a question that can be best answered by the company that sells the pillows. TempurPedic is one of the most popular brands of pillows on the market today. It is possible to buy the pillow by visiting the companys website. TempurPedic is a company that specializes in mattress and pillow products. The company claims to sell the best pillows on the market todaythe Tempurpedic pillows for sale online claim to be made from high-quality materials designed to last many years.
> Where Do You Find TempurPedic Pillows For Sale Online?
Many places sell Tempurpedic pillows. Many people do not like to buy things online because they dont want to take the chance of ordering an item that they cannot touch, feel and examine before buying it. The best place to find out information on these pillows is by visiting the companys website. Here, everything you wanted to know will be answered by the people who sell these pillows.
> Is It Worth Spending Money On A Tempurpedic Pillow?
This is a question that only the person buying it can answer for themselves. All of the people on the market today claim to have the best pillows for sale, so it can be challenging to pick the best fit. The only way to know for sure is to try out a few pillows until you find one that fits your requirements and needs.
Don’t Miss: Wyoming King Bed