Are There Any Cons
Sure, like everything, there are certain shortcomings. First off, wed like to start off by saying that there are no trial periods which are available so you would have to rely on your experience in the store. For memory foam solutions we all know that this is not the best case.
The profile of the Tempur-Symphony might turn out to be slightly higher for stomach sleepers. However, at the same time, it might also be a bit firmer for slender or petite sleepers.
You are not able to wash the entire pillow but just the cover which means that there is no real way of getting rid of the pollutants stacked within the pillow. Professional dry cleaning seems to be the only way to go.
Polyester Cover For Added Breathability
The Tempur-Pedic Symphony pillow has a 100 percent polyester knit cover, which is removable and machine washable for added convenience. The polyester cover is meant to be breathable, allowing air to circulate through the pillow better and reducing the chances of you overheating throughout the night. This is especially beneficial as the contouring properties of memory foam can cause you to sleep hotter than other materials.
My Sleep Trial Experiences
I am a natural stomach sleeper who also sleeps on my side. As a shorter, average weighted woman, I lean more towards softer, thin pillows that I can shape and bunch under my head and neck for support when needed. Because of this, although I can appreciate a memory foam surface, I generally find them to be too firm and unyielding in comparison to what I am used to.
My first impression of the pillow was that is wasnt as heavy as other memory foam pillows I have reviewed in the past. As mentioned earlier, I didnt even really notice the arched side as it is very subtle. I also appreciated right away the softness of the foam as it gave very easy under my grasp when I picked it up to move it.
I did expect to fall asleep with it and wake sometime in the night to push it out of the way, but surprisingly, I slept through each night with it quite well. It reminded me more of a shredded memory foam, soft contouring feel- a filling I do really like to sleep on.
Read Also: What’s The Best Mattress For Sciatica
What Is The Tempur
The TEMPUR-Symphony has two main components: its cover and foam core. Lets take a closer look at each.
Cover: The TEMPUR-Symphony has a polyester knit cover. Its zippered, allowing you to remove the cover and wash it. It is machine washable and also hypoallergenic.
Core: The core of the TEMPUR-Symphony is a molded block of TEMPUR material foam, which is Tempur-Pedics proprietary memory foam. The foam core is covered in a polyester netting. One side of the foam core is molded to be flat and the other is arched.
A Look Inside The Tempur
Tempur-Pedic sells pillows that feel like youre sleeping on a cloud. The giant mattress company makes pillows like they make mattresseswith care.
But to the size and selling power Tempur-Pedic enjoys, the company actually helped to make it popular to use memory foam in pillows. Their line of pillows shows they also learned to adapt those techniques to help a lot of sleepers.
Customers really like Tempur-Pedic pillows. They trust the company, can find versions for their sleep position and can find specialty pillows for more specific needs, like a body pillow, the TEMPUR-Neck pillow or the models that come with cooling gel.
There are several, one-piece foam pillows that are shaped to help prevent or alleviate neck pain. The shaped pillows can also provide pressure relief in the neck and shoulders. Most are made of TEMPUR material, which is the companys proprietary memory foam.
You May Like: How To Dispose Mattress For Free
Other Tempurpedic Pillow Models
Heres a quick look at the main pillows offered by TempurPedic.
- TEMPUR-Cloud Pillow This is the companies most popular pillow. It has a medium feel and is filled with a soft slab of memory foam.
- TEMPUR Breeze Cooling Pillow Made specifically for hot sleepers. They offer several cooling options that really are cold to the touch.
- TEMPUR-Neck Pillow This is basically the original TempurPedic pillow. It has a curved design meant to cradle the head and neck.
- TEMPUR-Symphony Pillow Double sided pillow thats able to work for strict stomach sleepers as well as back and side sleepers.
- TEMPUR-Cloud Pro Pillow Un upgraded version of the standard Cloud Pillow. Available in three heights .
- TEMPUR-Down Precise Support One of very few down pillows that they sell. Meant to give you that traditional feather pillow feel.
What Are The Pros
Obviously, this product does have a lot of strong suits. Right off the bat, it is very easy to care for it and to maintain it thanks to the easily removed soft cover. The Tempur-Symphony is also dual-sided which his going to deliver options for all sleep types. This is also something quite important.
The foam which is used in it is thick this is something thats going to deliver proper molding capabilities. You can rest assured that it wont flat out as well. It is great for people who have large or medium frames.
Don’t Miss: Do Hybrid Mattresses Need Box Springs
Who Its Not Good For
- Petite stomach sleepers, instead try the Tempur-Cloud for a lower profile that will suit your body type and position better.
- Hot sleepers, instead try the Tempur-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling Pillow which features advanced cooling gel.
- Budget shoppers, try the Tempur-Cloud Adjustable which is the most affordable pillow Tempur-Pedic offers.
Best For All Sleeping Positions
- Cooling: no
- Who its for: combination sleepers who need ergonomic versatility
This double-sided pillow works great for stomach, back, and side sleepers because it combines two designs into one pillow. One side is arched to provide better support for back sleepers and the other side is flat and even, ideal for stomach sleepers.
This flippable design is good for anyone who tosses and turns or constantly changes their sleeping position. The cover of the pillow is 100 percent polyester knit that protects against moisture and also provides a soft surface.
While the pillow advertised is soft, some reviewers claim that it is actually medium firm. Overall, reviewers generally praise the Symphony Pillow for being supportive and comfortable and say its the best pillow ever.
Also Check: Where To Buy Classic Brands Mattresses
Compare With Similar Items
|This item Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Pillow for Sleeping, Standard, White|
|4.4 out of 5 stars||4.4 out of 5 stars||4.4 out of 5 stars||4.4 out of 5 stars|
4.4 out of 5 stars
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we donât use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.
2.0 out of 5 stars
You May Like: What Are The Differences In Mattress Types
What To Consider When Purchasing A Elite Tempur
Because there are so many aspects that determine what makes a pillow excellent, and because comfort is subjective, one cushion is unlikely to be ideal for everyone. Usually, focusing on specific elements that may affect your sleep experience is the best method to identify what will feel most comfortable to you. The following factors have a big impact on what people buy when it comes to pillows. These similar characteristics could influence your preference for a Tempur-Pedic pillow.
Don’t Miss: Simmons Beautyrest World Class Pillow Top
What Is Tempur Material
TEMPUR Material is just Tempur-Pedics proprietary memory foam. All memory foam is made from polyurethane with different production methods or chemicals used to change the viscosity and density. Fun fact: Memory foam was invented by NASA to use for aircraft cushions!
The TEMPUR-Cloud pillow provides the great body contouring memory foam feel that Tempur-Pedic is known for and is a great choice for the back sleepers out there!
Now lets compare the TEMPUR-Cloud to another pillow: the Purple Harmony.
How To Choose Tempur Pedic Pillow: The Buying Guide
How do you choose the tempur pedic pillow? You must consider many things, such as the brand name, price, and product quality. In addition, you should also consider whether it is suitable for your needs or not.
So how do you choose the right tempur pedic pillow? Here are some tips that you can use to help you find a good product:
What you Should Keep in Mind When Buying tempur pedic pillow
When shopping for a tempur pedic pillow, there are several things to consider. You need to think about the quality of the product, the price, and even how much it will benefit your life. However, you also need to keep these factors in mind:
Best In Tempurpedic Memory Foam Pillow: Tempur
The TEMPUR-Symphony Pillow is a strong, versatile option for those who are looking for a Tempur-Pedic pillow. This pillow is 5 inches thick and medium-loft, making it perfect for side, back, and neck support. The surface of the pillow can be removed, washed, and replaced, making it easy to keep the pillow clean and fresh. Additionally, stomach sleepers tend to prefer low-loft pillows.
The TEMPUR-Symphony Pillow is a soft and flat pillow that feels plush. It contours to the head and neck, providing support for side sleepers, back sleepers, and pregnant women.
How To Care For A Tempur
Tempur-Pedic advertises its products as virtually maintenance-free. That said, there are things you can do to keep your pillow fresh and clean.
While you should never wash the actual memory foam in your Tempur-Pedic pillow, you can remove and wash the cover of most pillows and cushions. Covers should be machine-washed at a cold temperature. Air-drying is recommended, but if you do wash your pillow in a dryer, do so at a cool setting.
Avoid chlorine products, stain removers, or over-drying when caring for your cover. Note that the cover for the Tempur-Pedic GrandPillow is dry-clean only.
While your pillow case is being washed, you can roll and unroll your pillow like a sleeping bag in order to allow the material to breathe and absorb fresh air.
Read Also: What Mattress Firmness Is Best For Me
How To Use And Take Care Of Tempur
Fortunately, we didnt have any trouble putting this pillow to good use. When it arrived, we unpacked it and immediately tried all three sleeping positions just to make sure that what the manufacturer suggests is true.
As long as you follow the provided instructions, you shouldnt have an issue with it losing shape or getting too dirty. A good thing is that the cover is removable and washable to ensure that it is always clean and hygienic.
What Makes It Unique
These are a few of my favorite Tempur-Cloud Pillow features:
- Responsiveness: The Tempur material that makes up the bulk of the pillow is highly resistant to compressions. Some memory foams hold onto your bodys impression long after youve moved. The foam in the Tempur-Cloud pillow moves when you move, so you dont feel like youre rolling back into the place where your head used to be.
- Pressure Relief:Pressure relief is at the top of my list when reviewing the most comfortable pillows on the market. The Tempur-Cloud offers a combination of cushion and snug support. On this pillow, youll have great spinal alignment and less neck pain, particularly if youre a back or stomach sleeper.
- Travel Size Pillow: This is a pillow you can take anywhere. It easily compresses and rolls up for storage, and then inflates back into its original shape when needed.
Keep reading for specifics on the Tempur-Cloud pillow warranty, return policy, and pricing.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Foam Mattress Brand
Also Check: How Thick Should A Child’s Mattress Be
What Types Of Tempur
As all of Tempur-Pedics pillows use TEMPUR foam, there isnt a lot of variation between the types of pillows in their line. However, there are some subtle differences between designs that may be important to consider.
- Rectangular: About half of Tempur-Pedics pillow line is composed of standard, rectangular pillows commonly used for sleeping in bed.
- Contoured: Tempur-Pedic produces several contoured pillows engineered to ergonomically support the head, neck, and shoulders. These options are typically firmer.
- Travel: There are four different shapes of travel-friendly pillows in Tempur-Pedics line. These pillows are designed for support and comfort whether youre on a plane or in a hotel. They are on the firmer end of the spectrum, ranging from medium firm to extra firm.
- Single Slab: Most Tempur-Pedic pillows consist of one piece of TEMPUR material encased in a fabric cover. This material is responsible for the pillows cushioning, pressure relief, and support.
- Mixed Materials: A few Tempur-Pedic pillows include TEMPUR material along with additional components to adjust the feel, such as cooling gel, micro-cushions, or down.
Pros And Cons Of Tempur
Tempur-Pedic pillows are popular among many different types of sleepers. Here are some of the most compelling reasons why:
- Pain and pressure relief.Memory foam pillows conform to the shape of your head, relieving pressure around sensitive areas. The dense material can also keep your neck from contorting into awkward positions, which helps reduce neck pain.
- Support. The contouring offered by Tempur-Pedic memory foam delivers personalized support for your head and neck, adapting to your unique shape and weight. This, in turn, allows for proper spinal alignment and more restorative sleep.
- Noise. Unlike buckwheat and feather pillows, Tempur-Pedic memory foam pillows remain virtually silent even as you change sleeping positions during the nightVariety. As demonstrated in the chart above, Tempur-Pedic pillows come in a huge variety of designs, firmnesses, and sizes. Tempur-Pedic pillows also come blended with different materials, such as down, cooling gel, and micro-cushions. Youll also find everything from travel pillows to body pillows among Tempur-Pedics selection.
- Trusted brand. As the first manufacturer of commercial foam, Tempur-Pedic has more than 30 years of building a solid reputation and innovating with new products.
There are some disadvantages to be aware of when considering a Tempur-Pedic pillow:
Recommended Reading: How To Move A Queen Size Mattress
Best Pillow I Have Ever Owned
I tend not to sleep exclusively on my back, side, or stomach. For that reason, I always had trouble finding a great pillow. Soft pillows were great some of the time but they wouldn’t provide the support I needed. Hard pillows usually made my neck stiff depending on how I slept on them. I even tried the customizable pillows from Sleep Number, but I still experienced the same issue. For me, the Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Symphony Pillow is the perfect mix of being soft, yet supportive. I can sleep on my back, side, or stomach using the same pillow and I never wake up with a stiff neck anymore. What’s more amazing to me is that I have had the Tempur-Pedic pillow for over a year and it still hasn’t lost it’s springy-ness. I definitely recommend this pillow to everyone.
Best Cooling Tempurpedic Pillow: Tempur
The Tempur-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling Pillow is one of the best temper-pedic pillows on the market. It has two cooling layers that keep your head cool and comfortable. The breathable cotton quilted cover is removable and washable. The pillow also has a medium feel, providing you with the perfect mix between support and cushioning. The Tempur-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling Pillow is available in queen and king sizes.
Tempur-Pedics latest high-loft pillow, the TEMPUR-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling Pillow, is designed to keep you cool and comfortable all night long. The 6.4-inch thick pillow is filled with cooling gel and memory foam to help regulate your body temperature and support your neck, head, and shoulders.
Read Also: Can You Wash A Mattress Pad
Cloud Pillow Sleeper Types
We see the pillow being best for petite and medium-size individuals that sleep on their back and side. You need to make sure that youre keeping proper spinal alignment and that your neck isnt out of whack, but for most people between 100 lbs and 200 lbs it will best for back/side sleepers. If you have a larger frame , you will probably be just fine as a stomach sleeper with this pillow.
Breakdown Of The Tempur
TempurPedic has been around for over 25 years now and continues to meet quality industry standards with their innovative approaches to sleep comfort. Their patented memory foam was first designed to help with NASA space flight, and it was later tweaked to create a new form of mattress construction.
This foam is now used in a variety of products, including pillows, and the Tempur-Symphony is created to specifically meet the needs of side sleepers with its gentle curved side but also can be versatile enough for back and certain stomach sleepers when the flat side is used. It incorporates the companys softer foam for proper neck and head contouring and support through the night.
- Very contouring
- May not work for stomach sleepers
- Pillow not washable
You May Like: Do You Have To Use A Boxspring With A Mattress