The Benefits Of Sleeping On An Adjustable Base
There are lots of reasons why you’d want to choose an adjustable base over another type of support for your mattress. Here are some of the biggest benefits of sleeping on an adjustable base:
- Adjustable bases offer back pain relief. Lying flat on your back increases low-back stress and can lead to back pain. Raising your upper and lower body can help you find a neutral sleep position that eases the tension and minimizes pain.
- Adjustable bases help prevent acid reflux and snoring. Two big sleep disruptors for many people are snoring and acid reflux. Raising your head can help mitigate both of these conditions while you sleep.
- Adjustable bases soothe sore muscles. The massage setting on an adjustable base is just the thing to relax your muscles, a feature that can be especially useful after an intense workout when muscle recovery is key.
- Adjustable bases allow you to do more than just sleep on your bed. Whether you want to watch TV, read, or work, using an adjustable base gives you the flexibility to find your ideal position for various activities.
Know Your Sleep Position
Sleep positions play a huge role in picking out the ideal mattress for you, especially for adjustable mattress bases. Side sleepers may need a different mattress than someone who sleeps on their back. Also, you should consider how often you use the adjustable part of your adjustable bed so you know if the materials will take more wear and tear over time. Adjustable bases tend to lower the life span of lower quality mattresses. Adjustable bases will stretch and compress the mattresses unlike a normal bed frame.
Side sleepers generally like a softer mattress, whereas stomach and back sleepers tend to like one that’s a little more firm. Also note, if you have issues like acid reflux, adjustable beds bases can help prop you up to relief this, but only if you’re a back sleeper. Adjustable beds can be used to ease your body while you’re digesting and trying to get ready for bed if you rest on your back and use the bed to support your weight.
Overall, you’re looking for comfort and support, and your sleeping position determines if the best memory foam, hybrid, or latex mattress is the right choice.
What Features Should You Look For In An Adjustable Base
Adjustable bases come with an impressive array of features. Here are some of the top ones to look for:
- Memory presets: Return to your favorite positions with one touch of the remote.
- Wall-hugging operation: As the head rises, the bed slides toward the wall behind you, so you stay in easy reach of your nightstand and lamps.
- Under-bed lighting: LED night lights illuminate your walk to the bathroom from an angle that won’t affect your sleeping spouse.
- Snore button: If your partner is snoring, press this button and raise his head a tiny bit to silence the din without waking him up.
- Massage: Most adjustable bases offer massage, which in this case is really more like a gentle vibration of your upper body, your lower body, or both, generally at your choice of three speeds.
- One-touch return-to-flat: Press one button and your bed goes totally flat and shuts off the massage.
- Timer: If you like to fall asleep in front of the television, you probably set its timer to shut off after you’re dozing. This does the same for your adjustable bed, automatically returning to flat after a set amount of time.
- App/voice control: In addition to the bed’s remote control, some adjustable bases are operable from a smart-screen app, or even by a voice-activated device, such as the Amazon Echo.
- Silent alarm: Rather than an audible wake-up alarm that the whole family will hear, the bed gently shakes you awake.
- Lock button: Turn off the bed when not in use if you have young children.
Also Check: Drury Hotel Mattress
What Are The Perks Of Adjustable Beds
An adjustable base bed might be just what you need to maximize your sleep potential. Here are some of the main perks you can expect when you purchase an adjustable base bed.
For many people, the elevation of your head and feet can make a big difference in your comfort level while sleeping. Keeping your upper body elevated, for example, can help prevent snoring and symptoms of acid reflux, while keeping your feet elevated can help with circulation. Choosing different ergonomic settings can even help people with chronic back pain, arthritis, and joint pain. In addition to offering relief from certain medical symptoms, adjustable beds can also be helpful for people who like to watch television or catch up on emails in bed by letting them elevate their backs to a sitting position.
For older adults and people with mobility issues, adjustable base beds can make getting in and out of bed much easier, which can prevent dangerous slips and falls. Thats one reason why hospital beds are designed to adjust to different heights and inclines. With adjustable beds, you have the option of elevating your back or adjusting the beds height to help you easily and safely stand, rather than standing up from a low, flat position.
What Makes The Saatva Lineal Stand Out
- An LED light below the base makes it easy to move around during the night.
- Theres an advanced massage feature and an anti-snore function that raises the head to relieve pressure on the airway.
- The Saatva Lineal has a Zero Gravity function that inclines the head and feet to relieve pressure on the lower back. It should have you feeling almost weightless!
You May Like: Best Base For Casper Mattress
Compatible Adjustable Base Mattresses
The most important thing to consider when choosing an adjustable mattress is its flexibility and durability. Adjustable beds will bend and flex, memory foam and latex mattresses are usually the best choice to use with an adjustable bed because theyre flexible. Companies that use high-quality foam and materials will maintain its support and durability.
What Mattresses Work Best For Adjustable Bases
Because adjustable beds bend your mattress, youll need to be careful about the type of mattress you buy. Always avoid innerspring mattresses. Theyre not flexible, and being bent will either warp the coil support layer or cause the mattress to hover over the adjusted base rather than conforming to its shape. Therefore, it is important to select a mattress compatible with an adjustable bed.
Memory foam mattresses are usually the best choice for adjustable beds. Memory foam is heavy and flexible, meaning it will contour to the shape of the bed just like it contours to the shape of your body. Memory foam also wont be warped by being bent or folded. It will regain its original shape when you lay the bed flat.
Latex foam is another good option as an adjustable mattress. Like memory foam, latex mattresses are flexible and have no coils to get bent out of shape. However, since latex is slightly stiffer than memory foam, you may want to choose a thinner latex mattress to allow it to bend as it should.
Read Also: Dreamcloud Premier Rest
Helps Combat Snoring & Sleep Apnea
An adjustable base can also combat snoring and sleep apnea. Elevated positions can help manage you or your significant others obnoxious snoring. A good nights sleep that is free of snoring could be within reach of your beds remote.
Elevating the head of your bed can help better support your head and open up your airway. With better sleep posture, you are much less likely to have a restricted airway which can be responsible for your snoring.
Split Vs Solid Design
Before purchasing an adjustable bed, you will need to determine if you want a split or solid design. A split design is dual-sided, so couples can adjust each side independently. This is helpful if both parties have different sleep positions or preferences, or if one person likes to stay up reading. A split king is the most common, but split queen and split California king sizes may be available.
A solid adjustable bed operates as one unit, so both sides raise and lower together. This is ideal for individual sleepers or couples with similar preferences.
Don’t Miss: Does A Casper Mattress Need A Boxspring
Drawbacks Of Using A Box Spring
Although it’s popular, a traditional box spring foundation does have a few downsides.
- A box spring can be bulky. If you’re after a minimalistic look, a box spring may not be the right foundation choice for you. A platform bed might be a better option if you prefer a minimalist style.
- It might also make your bed too high, which is something to consider if you have mobility issues or don’t like the feeling of climbing” into bed. The optimal height off the floor for a new mattress is 25 inchesbut if you choose a standard 9-inch box spring foundation and pair it with a thick mattress and 7.5-inch metal frame, you could be looking at a bed that’s 30 inches or more off the ground. Low-profile foundations, which measure around 5 or 6 inches, work with especially thick mattresses or higher-than-standard bed frames.
If you’re choosing a box spring, always measure the distance from the floor to the top of the surface on which you’ll place the mattress so you know what you’re getting into.
What To Consider When Buying An Adjustable Bed Frame
A wide range of these beds are available, ranging from bare-bones designs to high-tech models loaded with extra features. Before purchasing an adjustable bed, you should consider a handful of factors. These include range of adjustability, weight limit, price-point, warranty coverage, and whether or not your current mattress is compatible with this type of base.
Don’t Miss: Wyoming King Bed Vs California King
Hybrid Mattresses & Adjustable Bed Bases
The best hybrid mattresses for adjustable beds are generally hybrids. A hybrid bed is built using a combination of material and can be used with just about any bed base and adjustable mattress. Typically a combination of pocketed coils and foam or latex. People like that they can get the bounce of the pocketed coils and the supportive conforming of the latex or foam.
How Do Adjustable Beds Work
So youre wondering, how do adjustable beds work? If you want to buy a high-quality adjustable bed to enhance your sleep, youll want to choose carefully. Not all adjustable beds work with all bases and visa versa.
That said, you might not understand how they work at all. By the end of this article, youll understand everything you need to know about adjustable beds.
Also Check: Wyoming King Bed Vs Alaskan King Bed
Latex My Top Recommendation For The Longest Mattress Life With An Adjustable Bed
Latex mattresses are pretty hard to beat for their durability. They have a springier feel than memory foam, but dont compromise on comfort and support. Not only is natural latex durable, its also antimicrobial and naturally temperature regulating, so its an easy choice for a great mattress material.
A good quality latex mattress will have a warranty of at least 20 years and not only will you find natural latex inside, youll likely find natural materials such as organic cotton and wool in the cover.
Some of my favorite latex mattress brands are:
- Most popular on Amazon: Pure Green By Sleep On Latex
Youll find there are several latex mattress brands that offer bundles with an adjustable bed. The best thing about a buying a bundle with a latex mattress is that youll often find the adjustable bed comes with a 20 year warranty, which is double what you would expect if you bought your adjustable base elsewhere. Click on the button below to find out the best latex mattress and adjustable base combos offering you these unbeatable warranties.
Good For Comfortthe Craftmatic Legacy
Craftmatic Legacy beds come standard with a dual density spring mattress that is firm on one side and plush medium-firm on the other. Both sides provide support and allow you to customize your sleep experience. You can retain the option of a softer or firmer surface in the future by flipping the mattress. The Mattress includes layers of memory foam, latex and a cooling layer. The motor can support weight up to 450 pounds. An optional heavy-duty model supports up to 600lbs.
Also Check: How Large Is A Twin Xl Mattress
You May Like: My Pillow Mattress Topper Prices
How Much Is An Adjustable Bed
Adjustable beds for sale at Star Furniture tend to range from $699 to $2199 depending on the included features. While the more affordable adjustable base beds only offer a few positions, high-end adjustable beds include features like wireless remotes, massage capabilities, pillow tilt, and multiple height options. Before you choose an adjustable base bed, youll want to determine which of these features are most important to you based on your own sleep patterns and preferences.
Helps Prevent Heartburn Side Effects
If you suffer from acid reflux, you are well-aware of the constant annoyance and downright pain that heartburn causes. An adjustable base can help to ease some of that pain by elevating your upper body and encouraging your digestive system to function as it should.
Raise the head of your adjustable base slightly to encourage your body to digest naturally. Sleeping on your back or side can make digestion harder and can lead to acid reflux. Sleeping on a slight elevation will encourage your body to digest naturally and help keep the stomach acid in your stomach.
You May Like: Wyoming King Size Bed Dimensions
How Do I Choose An Adjustable Bed
- Consider your budget. If youre looking to invest in an entirely new bed, you may benefit from a full sleep system that has both an adjustable base and an adjustable mattress. If youre just looking to customize your comfort level, you may be better off buying an adjustable mattress or an adjustable base that changes your head and feet positioning.
- Features like sleep tracking, massaging, lights, USB ports, and more can be great bonuses. Also consider if you want to want to use with a remote control or even your smart phone.
- Head-raising capability: You can program some beds to raise your head when its time to wake up. Not only do you get to customize your sleep position for personalized comfort, but the head elevation helps if you or your partner snore, or even if you want to raise your head to read or watch TV. Plus, an adjustable head means you can get into what the brands refer to as zero gravity position, meaning you feel weightless because your head and legs are both elevated. You get the comfort of sleeping in a recliner in your own bed.
Read on to learn more about our top picks for adjustable mattresses, bases, and more, which offer something for everyone.
Best Adjustable Mattress
How To Set Up Your Adjustable Bed
Unlike a regular bed base , adjustable bases operate with a motor that moves two main parts: the sleeping surface and joints. The sleeping surface is the flat area that accommodates the mattress while the joints allow the adjustable bed base to change position.
Once you assemble your adjustable base according to its instructions, you have several options for setting up the rest of your bed.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Air Mattress Bed
Recommended Reading: Tight Top Mattress Meaning
Do Adjustable Beds Ruin Mattresses
As weve mentioned, its important to have the best mattress for the job. When you ask yourself, how do adjustable beds work, you want to think about the mattress and the base together as one. If one doesnt work correctly, youll have a lousy sleeping experience no matter how good the one component is.
Its crucial to find a mattress that works with the adjustable base, and you shouldnt have to worry about shortening the life of your mattress.
Can I Use An L& P Adjustable Bed Base With My Existing Bedroom Furniture
Yes. Leggett & Platt adjustable bases are designed according to industry-standard bed sizes. The base easily attaches to most standard-size headboards and footboards with the addition of a boxspring frame. Even if your bed has side rails, the base is meant to fit inside most of these pieces, similar to a standard boxspring. Additionally, you might want to check out our photo gallery to see how L& P adjustable bases integrate with a wide range of bedroom furniture.
Also Check: Can Casper Mattress Go On Box Spring
Achetez Plus Conomisez Plus Gros Lectromnagers Ge Pour La Cuisine De Couleur Ardoise
Achetez n’importe quels 2 gros électroménagers GE pour la cuisine de couleur ardoise et obtenez 100 $ de rabais additionnel Achetez n’importe quels 3 gros électroménagers GE pour la cuisine de couleur ardoise ou plus et obtenez 300 $ de rabais additionnel
Excludes clearance, microwaves, accessories, and commercial or builder products..Exclut les offres de liquidation, les micro-ondes, les accessoires et les articles offerts aux ventes commerciales et aux constructeurs.
Benefits Of Continuous Coil Mattresses
The benefits of continuous coils and helical lacing/wiring are fill-mattress support. It reduces pressure points because the wiring is running in the same direction as the blood vessels in your body.
Continuous coils limit the transfer of motion due to their design. When you turn in the night the movement moves down and out, as opposed to other coil systems which are felt throughout the bed.
Well known for their ability to lessen motion transfer, continuous coil is a great system when beds are shared. This means that if one person shifts and turns a lot in their sleep, the other person will not notice and be awakened by it.
It is also ideal for those who suffer from lower back pain, as the center third of the mattress is fully supported. It is often recommended by sleep experts as the mattress for people with issues relating to posture and the spine.
Read Also: Texas King Mattress Vs California King