Will A King Size Bed Fit In A Ford Transit Van
A regular king-sized bed will not fit into a cargo van or a minivan. A king size mattress is usually about 76 inches wide and 80 inches long, and about 9 to 12 inches thick. The cargo space of a cargo van or minivan is usually about 50 to 60 inches wide, which is not wide enough to accommodate a king-size bed.
How Big Can I Go
If you have a stock rimsand dont want to shell out the money for new onesbut still want to add a little something to your truck, you can run 33×12-inch tires if it is a four-wheel-drive F-150 and 31×12.5-inch tires if it is a two-wheel-drive F-150.
On lifted trucks, two inches or larger, you can run 35×12.5-inch tires if it is a four-wheel-drive truck and 33×12.5-inch tires if you sport a two-wheel-drive. The same rules apply for newer trucks. The bigger the lift, the more tire you can fit under your wheel wells in terms of height. Super Duty Trucks can fit larger wheels without modification up to a point.
It is important to remember backspacing and offset when fitting new tires. Offset is the wheels distance from its hub-mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel, which can be one of three types and is measured in millimeters: zero, positive and negative.
- Zero offset is when the hub-mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.
- Positive offset is when the hub-mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel.
- Negative offset is where the hub-mounting surface is toward the back, or brake side, of the wheel. If wheels are not offset correctly, it could negatively affect the handling of the vehicle.
- Backspacing is similar to offset, though it is the distance from the hub-mounting surface to the inside lip of the wheel.
Go here for the Ford-Trucks.com Wheel and Tire Width Offset Calculator
How To Put Big Tires On An F150 That Dont Fit
So, you measured and calculated and finally found the perfect set of big tires for your F150 and are ready to install them, but then they dont fit.
Dont worry! Its okay because there is always a way to make it work on a Ford!
There are several options to make them fit on a set of tires work for your F150. Dont return your new tires just yet. Here are some of your options.
These options include wheel spacers and fender rolling, among others. Be sure to invest time in re-measuring the tires to make sure that they dont fit before investing more money in additional fixes to make the tires work. You dont want to spend extra time and money, installing your new tires if you dont have to.
Don’t Miss: Casper Queen Foundation
Airbedz Pro3 Truck Bed Air Mattress
The AirBedz Pro3 Truck Bed Air Mattress is intended to utilize every square inch of your pickup trucks bed as it hugs the wheel wells to give you more room and comfort as you sleep. Its topped with soft yet strong fabric that can resist blows and jabs that might puncture the mattress. This fabric also prevents your blankets from slipping away. Its easy to blow it up with the portable DC Air pump that comes with it. It has a 16 cord that plugs into your vehicles 12V cigarette lighter, and should be good for inflating anything you may have brought along, like footballs and inner tubes.
AirBedz also offers inflatable wheel well inserts that are sold separately to make it easy for other uses. When youre done with it, the mattress folds up into the included tote-bag and it backed by a 1-year warranty.
AirBedz Pro 3 Features
- Designed to fit around and over your truck bed wheel wells, utilizing the entire bed
- Comes with either a portable or built-in DC Air Pump with 16 cord that plugs right into your 12V DC cigarette lighter
- Use the pump to inflate any other necessities you take camping beach toys, floats and more
- Heavy-duty fabric top provides a soft, slip-resistant feel that holds up against abuse
- Pair it with AirBedz inflatable wheel well inserts for use at home
- Folds up and stores easily inside an included tote-bag with durable nylon straps
- Suitable for use with a variety of truck bed lengths
- Its backed by a 1-year warranty
Structure And Quality :
- Keep your truck dimensions as per requirement. You should keep in mind that your truck bed mattress is made of PVC with O-beam supports, which gives you ultra durability for heavy-duty and comfort like home. It should hold air for several days because it is inconvenient to inflate and deflate air for several days. Some of the truck bed mattresses also have a puncture-resistant cloth for rough and tough use of your truck bed. It is quite possible that your truck bed gets a hole and punctures, so, if you have a good quality product it can give you excellent results for longer trips. Every truck bed mattress has an electric pump that charges quickly in any 120 A/C wall plugs. You can also charge it from your truck plug point, but it is safe to carry a non-electric pump, which can help you if nothing is working. Storing the truck bed is also important when you are not using it then, you must have a foldable truck bed, which can be kept easily in any corner at your home without taking much of space.
Recommended Reading: Purple Mattress Need Box Spring
Does A Queen Size Mattress Fit In A Truck Bed
A queen size mattress does not fit in a standard size truck bed. A queen will fit in some extended truck beds but it is important to measure the width and length to be sure. A queen mattress measures 60 wide by 80 long. To measure you will measure the width between your wheel wells and the length from top to bottom of the bed of your truck. Note that an all foam mattress will compress and can fit in spaces that are slightly smaller than its footprint.
Backspacing On New Tires
Backspacing is measuring the distance that is between the hub mounting to the inside of the tire. If you add more backspacing, you are putting the tire more to the center of the truck.
If you have a backspacing at 0, for example, that means that you have perfectly lined up hub mounting with the centerline of the rim.
In other words, the backspacing equals 1/2 of the rim width. On the opposite side, more backspacing means that the tire will sit outside of the wheel flange and away from the hub mounting surface. More backspacing also may increase the chances of the tire rubbing up against the back fender.
Also Check: Does Casper Mattress Need Box Spring
Life After A Big Wheel Upgrade
Upgrading to larger wheels and tires is a big change for your truck’s other components. They will throw off the readings on your speedometer and odometer, for example, which were calibrated for factory-sized tires. To correct this, you can have your speedometer recalibrated. Or, if you don’t want to bother, you can do the mental math to figure out how fast or how many miles you are really traveling.
If you already know the number of revolutions per mile on your old and new tires, it’s just a matter of subtracting one number from the other to calculate the difference in speed. If you don’t know this off-hand and you’ve already installed your big tires, no problem. Just take a drive down a stretch of highway at 60 MPH and calculate how long it takes you to drive from one mile marker to the next. One mile at 60 MPH takes 60 seconds. If you get there in 54 seconds, its because your tires travelled 10% more than your car thinks . This disparity has two important effects:
- Your actual speed is 10% higher than what your speedometer is reflecting. When your speedometer reads 60, you are actually traveling 66. Basic math tells us that in this scenario, 10=11, 40=44, 100=110, and so on. So, when you see a speed trap ahead, remember to slow down accordingly.
- Your actual mileage is 10% more than what your odometer is reading. When your odometer reads 100 miles, you have actually traveled 110.
Wwx Truck Air Mattress Dodge Ram Ford Bed Sleeping Suv Car Inflatable Backseat Couch
- This is a good supplement for your trip or even for camping out with families and pets.
- This type of vehicle-mounted travelling inflatable bed is in common use in any mainstream models of cars and SUV. (Unavailable for the rear middle bridge which is particularly.
- high and microminiature cars), Great for camping, festivals, surf trips, travel, and adventures.
- Inflatable mattress flat, wide and comfortable.
Read Also: Sleepy’s Return Policy
Best Truck Bed Mattresses For Your Pickup
What to look for in a pickup truck mattress and where to buy one
If you are looking for a mattress to go in the bed of your pickup truck, then you have come to the right place. We have listed our favorite options for pickup truck mattresses. These mattresses are comfortable options that work great for the majority of standard pickup trucks and include everything from a real memory foam mattress to an inflatable option or a sleeping pad for easy portability. These beds will get you sleeping comfortably under the stars for many nights to come.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links. This means we may be compensated if you decide to purchase an item through one of our links.
What Size Mattress Fits In My Pickup Truck Bed
If youre not interested in spending a couple hundreds on a custom designed truck bed air mattress, then you could get a conventional one. The most common air mattresses that will fit the average size pickup truck bed are Full, Full XLs and Queens. See the dimensions to the right.
Just remember these are not as durable and if you do go this route make sure you clean all the debris from the bed of your pickup truck. It would also be wise to lay down a tarp or blanket under the mattress to avoid puncturing a hole in it.
Don’t Miss: Drury Hotel Mattress
Is It Necessary To Have A Smaller Mattress Than The Truck Bed Size
Collectively, the size matters, and it determines the fitting properties.
In an extended truck, use the extra-large mattresses, and fix them properly.
It provides maximum adjustment, quick installation, and apparent control, but it produces a gap.
For these setups, the gape is prominent between the truck bed walls and the mattress. Moreover, it frequently moves everyone to and fro.
In America, the authorities never restrict the small-sized air mattress for the back of a truck, but the after-effects alarm the users. So it has set a list of rules to achieve the best results with the available item.
What Are The Different Types Of Truck Bed Mattresses
Pickup truck mattresses do not have any one perfect or exact solution. It is more of what works best scenario. Luckily there are many options on the market that work great as a truck bed mattress.
- Standard Full Size Mattress: A standard full size is going to be the most comfortable and most luxurious option for sleeping in your pickup. A full size mattress will fit almost any standard size truck perfectly. You can also opt for a full XL mattress if you have an extended truck bed. When choosing a mattress for your truck bed we always recommend picking an all foam mattress as it can easily be squeezed into small spaces or cut with scissors if needed.
- Air mattress: Airbedz has been at the forefront of air mattresses for your truck bed. Their mattress has slots for the wheel wells to fit in so that the bed expands the entire width of the bed of your truck. This gives you maximum sleeping space and the bed can be easily stored when not in use. The only downside to an airbed is that its, well, an airbed. Airbeds arent generally as comfortable as a standard mattress and you run the risk of them deflating or getting a hole over time.
You May Like: Where Can I Buy A Wyoming King Bed
Pittman Outdoors Airbedz Backseat Heavy Duty Pvc Air Mattress With Portable Dc Air Pump Mid
- Made of soft, heavy duty PVC for the ultimate in durability making the mattress highly resistant to punctures and abrasions.
- Fills the rear seat foot wells of any mid size Cars, mid-size trucks, Jeeps and SUVs offering you a maximized sleep area.
- Comes with convenient, portable DC pump for easy inflation/deflation which is great for unexpected overnight stays or for taking your pets along on a road trip.
- Includes patch kit, inflatable pillow and a convenient carry bag.
- Inflated dimensions: 60-inches x 35.5-inches X 17.75-inches and 300 pound weight limit.
Best Truck Bed Air Mattresses
Inflatable air mattresses are not the most convenient, especially when you are camping and have limited access to electricity. However, they can be a suitable option when you are in a hurry or have limited storage space in your vehicle. Although they are relatively inexpensive, they may only last for one to two seasons, so be sure to keep this in mind when shopping.
To help you find the highest-rated and best quality inflatable mattresses, we outline three suitable options below.
Although there are several Airbedz on the market now, their original model is still a great choice. This truck mattress comes in five different sizes, ranging from 5 feet up to 8 feet .
Although this bed doesnt have an electric-powered DC pump, it does have a built-in rechargeable pump. Each valve cover is also reinforced to ensure the mattress maintains your preferred firmness throughout the night.
Like all AirBedz, the original model comes with wheel well cutouts to create the perfect fit inside your truck bed. It also comes with a 1-year warranty and a fabric top designed to keep linens and bedding in place during sleep.
The AirBedz Pro3 has a 12-inch thickness when fully inflatedthis creates enough support to accommodate up to 1000 pounds. It is available in three different lengths, including 6 feet, 6.5 feet, and 8 feet. Both the 6.5 and 8-foot models measure 63.5 inches wide, while the 5-foot model is 55 inches wide.
About the author
Recommended Reading: Purple Mattress Payment Plan
Air Mattress In Truck
Postsmachy unoI already have a queen size air mattress, anyone know if it’ll fit in the bed of my ’11 FX4? I’m thinking it’ll be too wide, but was hoping someone could answer the question before I go dig it out of storage. No reason to do so if it won’t fit. I know they sell those ones that fit into the bed around the wheel wells, but not enough time to order it. I plan on getting one of those eventually, but looking for a ‘solution’ for this weekend.
Vaygway Inflatable Car Air Mattress Air Bed With Pump Kit Back Seat Travel Air Mattress Camping Vacation Blow Up Bed Sleeping Pad With 2 Pillows Universal Car Suv Truck Fit
- PREMIUM QUALITY The VaygWay Car Inflatable Air Mattress is made with high-quality washable soft PVC flocking materials and components that ensures durability and longevity.
- MULTI-PURPOSE The VaygWay Car Inflatable Air Mattress can be used on any occasions on any place you want. It will provide the comfort you needed while still having fun even on the pool.
- SMART DESIGN The VaygWay Car Inflatable Air Mattress is designed to fit for any cars that has a back seat and it has the space for the center console.
- EASY TO USE The VaygWay Car Inflatable Air Mattress is easy to use. Just plug it into your 12V cigar lighter socket and let the electric air pump to inflate your car mattress.
- COMFORT The VaygWay Car Inflatable Air Mattress provides comfort while youre on the road with a little help of the 2 pillows. Youll get the rest you needed after a long drive.
Read Also: Do You Need A Boxspring With Casper Mattress
What Is The Best Heavy Duty Air Mattress
Best Heavy Duty Air Mattress for Heavy Person:
- Englander First-Ever Microfiber California King Air Mattress.
- Coleman All-Terrain Single High Airbed- Queen.
- King Koil California King Luxury Raised Air Mattress.
- Fox Airbeds Plush High Rise Air Mattress in King.
- Coleman Air Mattress | Double-High Support Rest Air Bed.
What Size Mattress Fit In The Back Of A Ford F150
In a Ford F150, an Air mattress of around 6 to 6.5 feet in length fits without any gap. For extended bed setups, accommodate an extra-large mattress for a comfortable and fearless journey.
It has the option of 5 feet, 6 feet, and 8 feet long beds with modifications and customer demands. For this pickup, sizes are universal and it secures the younger traveler despite low body weights.
Read Also: Purple Mattress Package
Making Your Wheels Fit
Sometimes you want a tire that just wont fit. Dont worry, there are ways to make it work. Wheel spacers are a great option. These go between the wheel and the hub to push the tire further outside the car. This can help eliminate any unnecessary rubbing that may occur. However, wheel spacers can also change the suspension geometry and cause stress on the system.
Fender rolling is another option that can help reduce rubbing. This is the action of taking the lip of the fender, which is a L shape and making it into a V. This incremental change can be enough to make a larger tire fit properly. There is a danger of paint cracking, so be careful.