Purple Harmony Pillow Review Verdict
If youre able to justify the price of this pillow, its definitely the most luxurious model from their catalog and one of our favorites. Its a good option for sleepers whore looking for something different than the traditional down feeling you get from Purples Plush Pillow, but a little more conventional and accommodating than the Original Purple Pillow. We wont dub it the greatest pillow that has ever existed like Purple seems to have done, but its considered a top-favorite among some of our Slumber Yard members because of how luxurious and supportive it is.
We Would Recommend The Purple Pillow To You If:
- You want a pillow thats very supportive thanks to the smart-grid technology which is commonly implemented by Purple you can rest assured that your head would be perfectly well supported throughout the entire time. The same goes for your neck.
- You are looking for an adjustable solution the booster which is inflatable is particularly convenient. Not a lot of products come with this.
- You look for a cool pillow if temperature regulation is something that bothers you and you wake up sweaty in the middle of the night, this is a great solution for you. The materials are going to allow air to flow in freely and theres nothing for you to be worried about
- You are not a fan of feathers if you dont like the feeling of feather or down, this product works well. It is made of highly efficient and responsive polymer materials, and thats commonly used in mattresses as well.
Purple Plush Pillow Price
Weve reviewed some expensive pillows on the Slumber Yard, like the $170 TempurPedic TEMPUR Cloud Breeze Cooling Pillow, and were happy to say that the Purple Plush Pillow is highly affordable by comparison.
The standard size pillow retails for right under $50, and the king is about $65, but weve seen them offer a two-for-one sale in the past. That means two pillows for just $49. Believe us when we tell you this is a steal. You check current promotions on Purple.com.
Also Check: Are Saatva Mattresses Sold In Stores
Original Purple Pillow Price
The pillow isnt cheap, but its also not what we would consider egregious. With an MSRP of $109, the Purple Pillow is more affordable than the TempurPedic TEMPUR-Cloud Breeze Pillow, but more expensive than the Lull Pillow.
As far as coupons go, you can find them on the official Purple coupons, promo codes, and discounts page located here.
Having said that, the best way to save on the Purple Pillow is to keep an eye out for bundles. If youre already considering purchasing one of the Purple Hybrid 2/3/4 mattresses, for example, they will typically bundle in the pillow for free. So, while this is not a discount per se, it is a way to save money on the entire purchase.
This, of course, only works if you are interested in purchasing a Purple mattress. If youre just looking at the pillow, you generally wont find any discounts or deals on Purple.com for the pillow specifically.
The Purple Pillow Feels Unique
It feels like youre laying on a softer, gel/rubbery material. Its comfortable and pretty neat, but its certainly not for everyone. If you want a more traditional pillowlike say, the Helix Pillowthen you will undoubtedly not want to get the Purple Pillow.
However, if youre open to something new and youre intrigued with the responsive, supportive, pressure relieving nature of the Purple Pillow, who am I to stop you? Just know that its unlike any other pillow out there .
Also Check: How Long Is The Average Mattress
What Does That Mean
While the site is in maintenance mode some features won’t be available. This includes adding items to the cart, viewing your order history, placing orders, customizing items, checking delivery times and delivery status.
You can still browse our products during this maintenance.
Thank you for your patience!
This maintenance is scheduled to end in about 69928790 hours and 55 minutes
No schedule found, reverting to max values
Site maintenance starting soon
Average Weight Sleepers 130 Lbs 230lbs
If youre an average weight side sleeper, youll want to opt for the mid loft pillow. This pillow stands at 6.5 tall, so it creates the proper support for most side sleepers in this category.
Average weight back sleepers will also appreciate the mid loft pillow. Because the pillow has a medium firm feel, it allows the head to sink slightly into the material. This option should create both comfort and support for back sleepers.
Stomach sleepers, however, will want to choose the low loft pillow. In this sleeping position, you want to ensure your neck doesnt crane into an unnatural position. The low loft pillow is only 5.5 tall, so it will best promote a neutral alignment.
You May Like: How Much Do Mattress Testers Make
Real People Not Robots
Helping you sleep better isour business lets talk.
Our Sleep Experts are here to helpyou build your perfect bed.
Want to try our beds in person? Comevisit a Purple showroom near you.
Our Sleep Experts are here to helpyou build your perfect bed.
Standard Pillow Size: 17 x 24 x 6
Standard Weight: 3 lbs
King Pillow Size: 17 x 34 x 6
King Weight: 4.5 lbs
Cover: 100% cotton, 300 thread count, BCI certified. Reversible coil zipper.
Inner Chamber: 100% gel fiber
Machine wash cold. Tumble dry low.
Is The Purple Pillow Toxic
No, the Purple Cloud pillowand all Purple pillowsare made with high quality materials that pass tests for low emissions and non-toxic chemicals. For example, the foam used in Purple products is CertiPUR-US certified. The Hyper-Elastic Polymer used in the Purple Grid is hypoallergenic and food-contact grade.
Don’t Miss: Do I Need A New Box Spring With New Mattress
Loft Of The Purple Plush Pillow
Loft refers to how tall the pillow is, compressed or uncompressed. These measurements are a little different because we have so many options between the pillow being zipped up, completely unzipped, and all the other options in between.
So the loft of the pillow is the same at 8 tall uncompressed, whether its zipped or unzipped. But then while its zipped up, the pillow has less room to flatten out , making it 2.5-3.5 tall while compressed. While the pillow is unzipped, the fluff has more room to spread out, so it ranges from 2-4 tall while compressed.
We realize this doesnt sound like a huge difference, but it actually does feel a little different while laying your head on it.
Who Should Try The Purple Cloud Pillow
- If youre a side sleeper, the Purple Cloud is a fantastic option for you. It should do an excellent job maintaining your spinal alignment as you slumber on your side.
- If you have allergies, or just really value a clean pillow, I think youll appreciate that the entire Purple Cloud pillow is machine washable. Its also made with hypoallergenic materials thatll help prevent irritation.
- If youre a budget shopper, I think the Purple Clouds price will appeal to you. It is one of the more affordable luxury pillows Ive reviewed and its the least expensive option from Purple!
Don’t Miss: What Is A Mattress Pad Good For
Dreamcloud Pillows Review Conclusion
A good day starts with a good nights sleep. While its true both pillows are different in structure,they were both uniquely comfortable, soft and cool.
The DreamCloud Contour Memory Pillows main job is to provide soft contour to your head, keeping your neck and shoulders in a comfortable position.
The Best Rest Pillow cradles your head through your sleep. And I love that it always returns back to its shape after each use. No more flipping and punching your pillow!
You can go with this, or you can go with that. One thing is for sure at the end: The very best in comfort and support always.
Imagine your head resting on a cozy, contouring cloud, lulling you to sleep. Thats the DreamCloud pillow feeling.
Purple Harmony Vs Casper Original Pillow
The Purple Harmony and Casper Original Pillow have completely different constructions. The Casper pillow has an unusual pillow-within-a-pillow design. The outer pillowcase is made from 100% cotton, and it has a layer of polyester microfiber fill sewn inside. Beneath this, youll find a second pillow stuffed with the same material. Its available in a low and mid loft. The smaller option works particularly well for stomach sleepers.
The Purple Harmony pillow has a Talalay latex core, so it feels much more responsive than the Casper. While theyre both considered cooling pillows, the Purple Harmony does a better job of regulating temperature. This pillow also feels slightly more supportive, so its a better choice for those who frequently suffer from neck pain.
The Casper pillow costs significantly less than the Purple Harmony, however, so it may work better for some people.
Who Should Get the Purple Harmony Pillow
- People who want a more supportive pillow
- Those who prefer a responsive pillow
- Hot sleepers
Who Should Get the Casper Pillow
- Those who prefer a fluffier pillow
- People who want to save money
- Stomach sleepers
Read our full Casper pillow review.
You May Like: Does A Firm Mattress Help Back Pain
Purple Cloud Pillow Loft
The other big factor in a pillows feel is the loft, or the height of the pillow. Again, each sleeping position has a rule of thumb: side sleepers should go for a higher loft, back sleepers need a medium loft, and stomach sleepers do best with a low loft. The Purple Clouds loft is 6 inches, which is on the higher side.
Now lets go over my experience with the Purple Cloud in different positions.
Side While side sleepers generally do best with a firmer feel, I think the medium firmness and high loft of the Purple Cloud work great for lying on your side. I found this to be the most comfortable position while trying out the Purple Cloud my head and neck felt supported and in alignment with my spine, and I loved the soft contouring.
Back Now for back sleepers, the firmness is right with the Purple Cloud, but I think the loft is too high. Some folks with larger frames than me may like this higher loft, but for most back sleepers, I think this higher loft could cause some neck craning.
Stomach The Purple Cloud is not a great pick for stomach sleepers. The loft is way too high to comfortably lie on your stomach. I immediately felt my neck craning when I tested the Purple Cloud stomach-sleeping-style and overall, it was pretty uncomfortable.
Under the Arm I think the Purple Cloud is a solid choice to sleep with under your arm, as its squishy and puffy enough to hug cozily.
Purple Harmony Sleeping Positions
Since Purple offers two different loft options, we think this pillow would be accommodating for just about anyone, but make sure you choose the most appropriate model.
Standard Purple Harmony Pillow is best for petite side sleepers, and stomach and back sleepers with an average build.
Purple Harmony Pillow Tall is an ideal pillow for average to heavy side sleepers, and any heavy individual in general. Regardless of your sleeper type, wed say a heavy person who weighs around 250 lbs + should opt for this model to benefit from its extra loft and support.
Don’t Miss: How Thick Should A Child’s Mattress Be
What Does The Purple Harmony Pillow Feel Like
Because it has a layer of the Purple grid in the cover, the Harmony pillow feels completely unique. When you apply pressure on the grid, the material immediately snaps back into place. The Talalay latex foam core also feels quite responsive. And because its so thick, side sleepers should have no issue keeping their ears in line with their shoulders.
What Pillow Sizes Are Available
Pillows come in a variety of sizes to fit beds of different sizes and people of different body weights and sleeping habits. Pillow size can be as important as firmness and loft when it comes to finding the pillow that best fits you.
- Standard: Standard pillows measure 20 inches wide by 26 inches long. Standard pillows are the smallest, and therefore the least expensive, pillows on the market today. They are also the most commonly sold pillows.
- Super Standard: Super Standard pillows measure 20 inches wide by 28 inches long. Like standard pillows, they are usually used one per twin or full bed, and two per larger bed. Super Standard pillows provide 2 more inches of length for sleepers who need it due to head size, body weight, or propensity to move during the night.
- Queen: Queen pillows measure 20 inches wide by 30 inches long, 2 inches longer than Super Standard pillows. Queen pillows give extra room to sleepers who tend to toss and turn throughout the night or find themselves slipping off of smaller pillows.
- King: King pillows measure 20 inches wide by 36 inches long. King pillows are much larger than most pillows, measuring 10 inches longer than standard pillows and 6 inches longer than queen pillows. King pillows work well with king beds and larger sleepers.
- Body Pillow: Body pillow dimensions vary, though 48 or 54 inches wide by 20 inches long are common sizes. Body pillows are meant to be hugged. Side sleepers and pregnant women tend to most enjoy them.
You May Like: Where Is Mattress Firm Headquarters
Which Purple Pillow Is Best For You
- The original Purple Pillow is made from the same material as the Purple mattress, and is temperature neutral with great conformity. The original Purple Pillow remains the best choice for back sleepers who need greater neck support.
- The Purple Plush Pillow is a different case altogether, as it is filled with a polyester down-like material that makes the pillow more traditional. The Purple Plush Pillow also has a pair of zippers that allows users to adjust the loft of the pillow so it can be firm or soft, depending on the users wish. Lastly, as the most affordable option, we think its the most accommodating.
- The Harmony Purple Pillow falls somewhere between the two in terms of support, and is best for those looking for a luxury, breathable sleeping experience. It contains the same revolutionary Hyper-Elastic Polymer from the Purple mattress, but contains an additional Talalay latex support layer.
In terms of cost the Purple Plush is definitely the most affordable of the three, priced around $49. The new Harmony Purple Pillow is more than three times as expensive, at $159, and the original Purple Pillow is the midpoint option at $109.
McKenzie Dillon has been a member of the Slumber Yard team for two years and counting, and her resume includes hundreds of sleep-related articles from mattress review products to helpful blogs containing sleep tips, news, how-to guides, and more.
Rest Easy With Purple
If there’s something wrong with your pillow, we’ll replace it for up to 1 year, starting from the date of original purchase.This warranty is valid only if the purchaser uses the product for personal consumer use. The warranty no longer applies after any resale, whether new or used. Original, dated proof of purchase by the original purchaser official warranty document and law tags are required to make a warranty claim.
Your 100-night trial begins the day your pillow is delivered to your doorstep. If you decide it isn’t a perfect fit for you within the first 100 nights, we’ll help you process a return and issue a full refund.
This Purple pillow ships straight to your door at no extra cost!
Our patented cover construction includes two chambers filled with gel fibers that double up for the perfect snooze. Get softer or firmer support in just a matter of seconds without removing messy filling or struggling with inserts simply flip, zip, and… Zzzs.
A safe option for people with allergies, Purple pillows are made with recyclable, food-grade and food contact-grade material.
This Purple pillow is a design born in our very own Innovations Lab in Alpine, Utah, and each pillow is filled, finished, and assembled in the USA. The pillow covers are manufactured overseas in China.
This Purple pillow won’t fall flat thanks to its silicone-coated, crimped fiber filling. That, plus its quality cover material and construction, are backed by a 1-year warranty.
Also Check: Can You Fold A Memory Foam Mattress
What Purple Pillow Is Best For Back And Side Sleepers
All three pillows are good options just make sure the height works well for your body size.
Purple provides some guidance on choosing a pillow for your body size in its product descriptions , but dont be afraid to take advantage of the super sweet at-home trial and return the pillow if its not absolutely perfect.
Purple Cloud Pillow Review
Purple is not only a delightful color, but the name of a mattress and bedding brand behind some of the most interesting and high-tech sleep products out there. If youve heard of Purple, youve probably seen their Purple mattress, with its hyper-elastic polymer grid that gives the sleeper a floating sensation. But today, well be talking about another offering from Purple: the Purple Cloud pillow.
The Purple Cloud is a down-alternative pillow that comes at a super affordable price. Could the Purple Cloud be the perfect pillow for you? Youll just have to keep reading to find out!
Just want the highlights? Skip to the end for my review summary.
You May Like: How Long Foam Mattress Last