What Do Customers Think
- So I have major back problems: 2 herniated discs, scoliosis, arthritis..the list goes on. I tried the new Layla Hybrid and am in love! The firm side is just right for me, offering great support and comfort. This paired with the adjustable bed frame allows me to finally have a good nights rest. -Oreal W.
- Great new bed!! My wife and I use the soft side and it hugs and cradles you in all the right places. My wife has back problems and this has really helped a lot. -Eric B.
- My Layla mattress has given me a restful sleep, and I have fewer aches in my back, my shoulders, and my legs. Thank you Layla. -Bert A.
The Nerds Take: Whats The Bottom Line
With Layla, you get two mattresses in one: Its perfect for modern shoppers who want a great mattress with a little flexibility. You may be unsure whether a softer or a firmer mattress is what you are looking for, or you may know youll only use the bed for a few years before passing it on to a sibling or a friend.
Either way, the Layla offers flexibility and a high-quality mattress for a relatively low price. Though the memory foam mattress might not work perfectly for larger people or those who sleep as hot as furnaces, itll be great for back sleepers and anyone who wants a flexible, modern mattress.
Who Should Steer Clear Of The Layla Mattress
- Heavyweight sleepersinstead, consider the WinkBed Plus mattress, which is designed for folks over 230 lbs.
- Hot sleepersinstead, the Layla Hybrid mattress will offer better breathability thanks to the coil support layer.
- Those who want a very soft or very firm mattressinstead, soft mattress fans will appreciate the plush feel of the Helix Moonlight mattress, and firm mattress fans will experience more support on the Helix Dawn mattress.
Read Also: My Pillow Mattress Topper 2 Inch Vs 3-inch
Layla Reviews Sleeper Type Analysis
- Back And Stomach Sleepers
We think the Layla mattress is suitable for back and stomach sleepers, so long as you weigh under 230 lb and you dont want a truly firm mattress. Remember, the firm side is between a medium and medium-firm on the soft/firm scale.
Having said all of that, if youre really petite , the bed will feel even firmer to you since softness/firmness is a relative measure that depends on your height-to-weight ratio.
- Side Sleepers
Both sides of the Layla are good for side sleepers, although, if you want maximum pressure relief, youll prefer the Soft side. Side sleepers need a soft mattress that will be pressure relieving enough for their hips and shoulders. Layla does a good job of being accepting of curves, instead of fighting against them.
- Combo Sleepers
As for combo sleepers, wed say yes, if youre medium or petite. The more you weigh, the more youll sink into the bed and the softer itll feel, versus the lighter you are, the less youll sink down and the firmer the bed will feel. More petite combo sleepers might like this bed more than heavier combo sleepers, because theyll be less stuck, making it easier to switch positions.
How Firm Is The Layla Mattress
Now that weve got a solid sense of whats going on inside the Layla mattress, lets get into how it feels, starting with firmness.
As with any feel factor, firmness is subjective, and can change a lot depending on ones body size, shape, and weight. So, my read of this beds firmness could differ from your own. For reference, Im about 510, 190 lb. and prefer to sleep on my stomach.
The Layla is flippable and has two firmness options. On the Soft side, this bed gets a 5.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale from me. On the Firm side, I landed on a 7.5 out of 10. To give these scores some context, the industry standard for medium firmness is 6.5, so its safe to say that these ratings are a bit extreme.
Soft side: As soon as I hopped onto the Layla in its soft configuration, I could feel my body sinking into the plush top layer of copper-infused memory foam. The material contoured around my shoulders, hips, and lower back, providing me with that classic memory foam hug. I think this feel would probably work best for side sleepers or those in need of deep pressure relief at the joints.
Firm side: On the Firm side, it was quite another story altogether. By swapping out a 3 top layer of memory foam for a 1 layer, the bed suddenly becomes super supportive. Theres hardly any contouring at all, which creates a solidly on top of the bed type vibe. I think this feel could work best for back sleepers in need of firm support at the hips and lumbar region.
You May Like: Can You Flip A Saatva Mattress
Is The Layla Hybrid Cooling
The Layla Hybrid is a cool memory foam hybrid mattress. Weve got a couple of layers to thank for that. The copper infusion throughout the memory foam absorbs excess body heat, keeping the sleeping surface cool.
Deep channels in the polyfoam layer facilitate airflow, readily dissipating body heat. And innerspring coils are the coolest bedding material around. With ample space for air to flow, any heat that makes its way towards the center of the bed is swept away.
Mattress Topper Performance Ratings
With its thoughtful design and quality materials, the Layla Memory Foam Topper performs well across several performance categories.
The topper offers ample conforming. The memory foam offers a close and even hug that cushions pressure points and optimizes spinal alignment. The toppers soft feel and deep contouring is particularly favorable for side sleepers or people under 130 pounds.
Memory foam typically excels at motion isolation, and the Layla Memory Foam Topper is no exception. The all-foam composition absorbs movement, resulting in fewer disturbances for couples and sleepers who are sensitive to noise.
The average lifespan of a mattress topper is between 3 and 5 years. The Layla Memory Foam Topper has a warranty for up to 5 years, but heavier sleepers might notice impressions developing sooner due to its softer construction.
Despite memory foams tendency to trap heat, the topper contains both PCM in the cover and copper gel infusions in the foam which both keep the surface cool. However, because the foam conforms to the body so well, sleepers who are prone to overheating might not find the topper cooling enough.
Given its softness, the Layla Memory Foam Topper is limited in terms of support. Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds will likely feel comfortable, but the topper might sag excessively for heavier sleepers.
You May Like: How To Select A New Mattress
Layla Hybrid Mattress Review Highlights
Layla Hybrid is a flippable mattress with a different firmness level on each side. It has one medium side and one firm side, allowing you to choose the right feel for your needs. In this review, we will share with you everything that you need to know about the Lalya Hybrid mattresssuch as its materials, construction, and trial periodso you can decide if its the right mattress for your needs.
How Is The Layla Mattress Shipped
The Layla mattress ships from Phoenix, Arizona, and takes 2-3 business days to manufacture and package, then 2-5 days in transit. Shipping to the continental United States is completely free, but shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress, and shipping to Canada is $225 per mattress, including all duties, customs, and other fees.
Recommended Reading: How To Store A Purple Mattress
Recommended Reading: Are Hard Mattress Good For Your Back
Customer Service Contact Information
Laylas customer care team is on the ball, which, frankly, is not something I can say about all mattress companies. You can connect with a customer service representative quickly on their website, and their team knows Laylas products well. They also have several contacts you can use for various questions or concerns:
- For order support: [email protected]
Is Layla A Good Mattress
In our experience, the Layla is a fantastic mattress, but it does depend on what shoppers are looking for. If they want something that provides that slow-moving memory foam feel and has two firmnesses in one, the Layla will be a great choice. If they are a larger stomach sleeper and don’t prefer the memory foam feel, the Layla might not be the best choice.
Don’t Miss: Where Can You Buy Puffy Mattress
Layla Hybrid Mattress Review
|MA Customer Experience Score: 8.7/10|
|Firmness:Soft: 4-5/10 Firm side: 7/10|
|Free Shipping & Returns|
What we think:The Layla Hybrid mattress is one of few flippable hybrid mattresses on the market. With one medium side and one firm side, you have options and durability. Its responsive coils make it easy for you to move around and the conforming foam makes it a good fit for most sleepers.
The Pros And The Cons
- Versatility: Probably our favorite benefit of the Layla Hybrid mattress is that it comes with two firmness profiles. Along the top of each side of the mattress is a layer of memory foam that creates a plush feel and cushions pressure points. This memory foamtopper is thicker on the softer side and thinner on the firmer side, allowing sleepers to choose which feel they prefer. Additionally, these different firmness options make it a great mattress for guest bedrooms.
- Motion transfer: Though its made with coils , cushy foam provides impressive motion isolation is particularly valuable to couples who share a bed.
- Responsiveness: One downside to a 100% memory foam mattress is that it doesnt provide the same springy responsiveness as an innerspring mattress. Thanks to the inner core of springs, the Layla quickly responds to your movements and provides slightly bouncy support. This feel is especially valued for combination sleepers who move around at night and for adult activities.
- Spine alignment: Our bodies are heaviest in the middle, which is why our hips can sink too far into a mattress, knocking the spine out of alignment. Layla counters this common problem with their zoned base support foam found on either side of the innerspring core. By providing extra support where you need it the most, the Layla Hybrid promotes neutral body alignment. The result is fewer aches and pains.
Don’t Miss: What Should I Do With My Old Mattress
Who Is The Mattress Best Suited To
You should love this mattress if:
- You are light to average in weight. I suggest this mattress is best suited to those weighing 200lb or under
- You are a side sleeper. The soft side of this mattress combined with the firm support core should give you the pressure relief but soft surface you need to comfortably sleep on your shoulder
- You like a soft feeling mattress
- You want a memory foam mattress with a quick response to body weight
Buy something else if:
- You sleep on your stomach. You need a firmer mattress to ensure you are adequately supported through the hips, where most of your weight goes while you sleep. Something like the Avocado hybrid mattress could work better for you
- You weigh more than 200lb. I do not think this mattress has enough support for you. You need a firm mattress that has at least 3 inches of comfort layer. Sadly the Layla only has one inch of comfort layer on its firm side. Ive written a post with some much better choices for you. You can read it here
- You want a slower sink and hug feeling from your memory foam. Read my review of the Nectar mattress instead
- If you are looking for a mattress to help you with back pain, Layla probably isnt supportive enough. A better memory foam option for you would be Snuggle-Pedic, which you can read about here
Layla Hybrid Vs Layla
You may be wondering about the difference between the original Layla mattress and the Layla Hybrid. Well, the Layla mattress is a flippable bed completely made of memory foam. This bed is less cool than the Layla Hybrid, but just as pressure relieving and motion isolating.
Both Layla beds are infused with copper foam and offer different firmness options on each side. Which mattress is right for you depends on the feel youre looking for: Layla Hybrid is more bouncy and resilient while the original Layla moves less.
Check out these other Layla comparisons:
Recommended Reading: What Is An Xl Twin Mattress
Layla Mattress Black Friday And Cyber Monday Deals
The online mattress industry will offer sales during the winter holiday season. Dont forget to check out Laylas website for a chance at getting the mattress at a discounted rate. Layla is known for offering big discounts and promo codes so it wouldnt surprise us to see the company take $100-$150 off their beds during the holiday season. They may even throw in a pillow or two as well with each mattress purchase.
How We Reviewed The Layla Mattress
As with all mattress reviews and comparisons on Mattress-Reviews.com, GoodMorning.com Inc. tests major online mattress brands in order to continually update and improve its own products. Analyzing the builds, brands, and specifications of competitor mattresses ensures GoodMorning.com always offers the best possible value to its customers.
To provide a consistent benchmark for our tests, we commission third-party engineers to test every mattress in the exact same way. You can view the methodology of testing and the APEGA-stamped results document here.
Without further ado, our Layla Mattress Review:
Don’t Miss: What Type Of Mattress Do Doctors Recommend
Where To Buy Or Try A Layla Mattress
You can purchase your Layla mattress through the companys official website. You can also find the mattress for sale on Amazon. As of the date of this post, the mattress is not available to test or buy in any brick and mortar retail locations. In other words, you can only purchase the bed online. Its not available at Walmart or Target.
Read Also: Texas Kings Mattress
More About This Product
Layla offers an exceptional memory foam experience, whether you prefer to sink down deeper into your mattress or lie closer to the surface. Two distinct firmnesses and sinkages are available in one brand thats wrapped in a specially designed cover that uses a special cooling agent to keep heat from building up around your body.
The memory materials that mold to you to remove pressure also work to keep you cool using an infusion of copper, which is one of the worlds most highly conductive metals. Laylas design is proof that a memory option doesnt have to be a sauna, and instead can be one of the coolest beds around.
Do you know which side you are leaning towards already? Or will you wait and try them both out to see what works best. Whether youre sure of your firmness needs or a little in the dark, Laylas dual-sided design increases your odds of a perfect fit.
- Sleep 120 nights before committing to the purchase. Make sure its right for you, or return it for a full refund.
- Enjoy the Lifetime Warranty with this mattress.
- All foams contained in the mattress are certified to the CertiPUR-US® standard.
Don’t Miss: What Size Mattresses Make A King
What Are The Firmness And Feel Like
The Layla Mattress has a flippable design with a different feel on each side. The thicker, medium-soft side cradles the body closely. This results in sleepers sinking deeply into the mattress, rather than resting on top of it. The firm side also has a pressure-relieving cradle, but not as much as the other side.
Our firmness assessments for the mattress are consistent with Layla Sleeps. The company advertises the soft side of the mattress as a 4 or 5 out of 10, and the firm side as a 7 out of 10.
Sleeping Style And Body Weight
Side Sleepers: The Layla Memory Foam Topper is well-suited for side sleepers across all weight ranges. The toppers plush feel helps offset pressure buildup on the shoulders and hips while still encouraging good posture. Side sleepers under 130 pounds will likely benefit the most from the toppers soft feel and generous contouring.
Heavier combination sleepers who sometimes favor side sleeping might consider a firmer model that can also support alternative positions.
Back Sleepers: Back sleepers usually need a firmer mattress and/or topper since the lumbar region is one of the heavier areas of the body. A topper that is too soft might cause the hips to sink excessively, which can throw off spinal alignment.
The Layla Memory Foam Topper rates well for back sleepers weighing up to 230 pounds, as the memory foam should cradle the hips without causing too much sinkage. The toppers soft feel and memory foam construction may not be supportive enough for back sleepers over 230 pounds.
Stomach Sleepers: The Layla Memory Foam Topper has mixed ratings for stomach sleepers, as the softer construction isnt ideal to support the midsection.
Lighter weight sleepers generally cause less sinkage, so stomach sleepers under 130 pounds will likely enjoy extra cushioning on the hips without compromising good posture. Stomach sleepers between 130 and 230 pounds might initially enjoy the toppers plush feel, but they might not get enough support in the long run to prevent a sagging midsection.
Don’t Miss: How Long Is A Baby Mattress
Layla Soft Motion Transfer Test
The level of motion transfer from the soft side of the Layla is documented in the video below.
The Layla Hybrid soft has extraordinary low motion transfer, with a documented acceleration range of 2.45 m/s^2. This is the 3rd lowest motion transfer weve tested to date and the lowest among any hybrid mattress weve tested.
Typically, all foam, but especially memory foam, mattresses excel in motion transfer. So seeing a hybrid mattress perform well is exciting stuff.