How Much Does An Airfoam Mattress Cost
AirFoam mattressses are the result of years of research and design. They are completely free from memory foam and are proven 300% more durable than even the most expensive memory foam mattresses.
AirFoamoffers superior pressure relief and comfort without that sinking feeling, youre cradled in a supportive hug all night as you enjoy the cooling benefits of such an innovative material. Side sleepers will especially enjoy an AirFoam mattress. As they are built to take special care of the sensitive hips and shoulders.
The average price for full size mattress: AirFoam 10 – $659
The average price of a queen size mattress: AirFoam 10 – $764
The average cost of king size mattress: AirFoam 10 – $839
What’s A Good Queen Mattress
To define a good mattress, think about your sleeping style. You want to find a mattress that accommodates your sleeping style along with your mates sleeping style.For example, if you dont like a bouncy feel when you move on your mattress, you want interconnected coils to reduce the ripple effect. If you like a firm mattress, then go for a latex and/or memory foam mattress. They provide less spring. How deep you sink into your mattress depends on the thickness and density of the foam. Extra firm mattresses for example, don’t give as much. Foam and latex queen mattresses are often great if you have allergies because they are resistant to mold and dust mites. A plush mattress has a foam or fiberfill outer layer. Its a plush mattress because the top is covered in a quilted ticking. This gives the top of the mattress an extremely plush feel. Thus, you will have a really soft mattress and box spring. Pillow top mattresses are also quite soft and comfortable.
You also want to choose a mattress according to the side of the bed you sleep. A queen set made with innerspring may provide pressure relief than foam mattresses. Soft foam mattresses have built-in pressure points around the hips and shoulders so you dont ache in the morning.
You’ll find some of the best queen mattresses made by Beautyrest, Sealy, Serta, Tempur-pedic and Zinus, and other quality brands at Sam’s Club.
Factors To Consider When You’re Buying A New Mattress
Each individual mattress is costed based its size, support system and comfort layer. Generally, the feel of your mattress will not affect the price of the product.
When you’re spending an average of 9,125 days sleeping in your life, you want to make sure it’s on a well built mattress. That’s why it’s important to make sure that your mattress has a good warranty on it, to safeguard you against any manufacturing faults.
Take your time
Choosing the best mattress for you isn’t an easy task. Take the time to make sure you know what’s comfortable for you. Consider the following:
- If you prefer a softer or harder feel to your mattress
- If partner disturbance is an issue
- The best size for you and the room you’re putting it in
Pick a budget, and keep to it
Mattresses can vary widely in terms of price range. Because there’s so much flexibility, it makes it easy to pick a price range and stick to it.
Pick a reputable brand
As a family-owned and operated mattress manufacturer and retailer, operating out of Braybrook since 1991, Chiropedic has been able to keep prices low by selling mattresses and bases directly to the public. Chiropedic’s mattresses can be up to 70% cheaper than the big retailers without compromising on quality.
Chiropedic also sources only top quality, Australian-made materials for all mattresseswhether they’re budget, competitive or premium priced, it means that you’re purchasing quality mattresses every time.
- Super King
Also Check: Drury Hotel Mattress
How Much Does A Hybrid Mattress Cost
Hybrid mattresses are great for those who enjoy a coil spring but want to add a modern twist. The coil spring base is topped with a layer of memory foam or latex. This ought to sleep a little cooler than memory foam because the springs allow some air to circulate through the base. The average price of a king-size mattress if shopping for a hybrid could cost $2,000+, they are also incredibly heavy so moving them alone will be impossible.
Ii Average Price Of Mattress
Shopping for a mattress can be as daunting as shopping for a car. Looking at pricier, higher-end models, does not mean you will be buying a better mattress. Remember that overhead, advertising, and can all factor into prices as well as name recognition. Often a bed-in-a-box that is priced to fit a budget will be just as good, if not better, than that well-known, over advertised brand.
Following is a table detailing mattress prices for the most popular Queen Size mattress.
Don’t Miss: My Pilliw Topper
Cost Of A Bed Frame By Material Type
The bed frame is made by various materials such as wood, metal, oak, iron, maple, aluminum, etc. Among them, metal and wood those two types of bed frames are commonly used by the people. Below we make a graph chart to show you the average cost varies of metal and wood bed frame:
This graph chart shows us that the wooden bed frames are more expensive from a metal bed frame. You can easily get a standard metal bed frame below $100 while you need to pay almost $200 to get a qualitative good wooden bed frame.
Wooden bed frames provide you more facilities rather than a metal bed frame.Wooden bed frames are more durable and user- friendly. You can use a wooden bed frame for a long period. On the other hand, the metal bed frame is not so durable and also it is not so qualitatively well to use instead of a wooden bed frame.
We always recommendedyou buy a wood bed frame.Though wooden bed frames are expensive despite that it is ideal to purchase them for long and comfiest use. But if you are running into a budget crisis and badly needed a bed frame then go for a metal bed frame.
How Much Does It Cost To Get Rid Of A Mattress
Many online stores offer a free mattress delivery, but removing the old mattress is not free in the absolute majority of cases. Let’s talk about the available options.
- White Glove Delivery about $150. The White Glove Delivery is available when you buy a mattress in certain online shops, such as Dream Cloud Sleep, Casper, Leesa, Nectar Sleep, Tempur-Pedic, etc. White Glove delivery is when they don’t just set up the new mattress in the room but also remove your old mattress. Usually, it costs $149, but some online shops offer free White Glove delivery.
- Donation free. If your old mattress is still good and if there are no defects/bed bugs/mold, you can donate it to a non-profit organization, to the Salvation Army, or even to an animal shelter, it’s up to you. Of course, it’s 100% free.
- Recycling up to $50. In some states, such as California, it’s possible to recycle the old mattress at no cost. The residents of the states without such non-profit recycling services should expect to pay a $20-50 fee for each mattress.
- Mattress disposal at waste transfer stations up to $70. Mattresses are charged a fee that is usually between $40 and $70 at waste transfer stations, which is quite expensive.
P.S. Burning the mattresses, as well as depositing waste in unauthorized locations, is illegal.
Read Also: Purple Mattress Package
Does A Queen Mattress Come With A Queen Size Bed
Despite it being very important to buy a standard queen mattress size bed frame if you are buying a queen mattress, beds and mattresses are always sold separately. This allows you to select a mattress that fits with your comfort preferences and delivers the level of support you need while suiting your budget.
The only exception is in the ensemble range, where it is possible to buy some ensemble bases with a mattress as a package. The Sealy Perfect Balance Haven Plush is an example of a queen size mattress and base set, which you can see in our range of ensemble beds.
If you buy an ensemble bed base and queen mattress you can choose a beautifully plush and comfy queen size upholstered headboard to suit your bedroom decor!
Never miss out on a sale again
What Is The Best Affordable King Mattress
There are lots of great mattresses some of them provide more support, while the others are softer and provide more cushioning. If you are searching for an affordable King-size mattress, we highly recommend you take a look at the Original Mattress by Tuft& Needle it costs only $675, it has both comfort and support layers, it’s quite cool, and it’s also durable.
Read Also: My Pillow Topper Review
How Do I Know If A Budget Mattress Is Still High
Several indicators can help you determine if your new bed is a good value. First off, if its made of good materials backed by well-known certifications, you can assume its a quality mattress.
The sleep trial and warranty are other good indicators. Almost all mattresses come with some sort of warranty. But if your mattress boasts a warranty of at least a decade and a sleep trial of at least 90 days, you can be more sure the seller believes in it.
What Are The General Price Ranges For Mattresses
Nearly every mattress brand carries a range of different offerings so you can find something that aligns with your budget. Very generally speaking, the average cost for a queen-sized mattress ranges from $500 to $10,000.
According to Michael Magnuson, CEO of independent review site GoodBed.com, Most likely, you wont find good materials that can withstand daily uses for under $1,000. As he explains to Good Housekeeping Magazine, For something that youre going to sleep on every day for 10 years, you want materials that are durable and high quality.
Many queen mattresses that retail for less than $1,000 may not last very long before showing signs of wear and tear.
You May Like: Wyoming King Bed
Cost Factors By Mattress Type
From the table above, you can see that certain mattress types are more expensive than others. What makes hybrids more expensive? Why are innerspring mattresses among the most affordable? Below, we uncover the factors that impact each mattress styles price tag.
- Hybrid mattressescombine foam comfort layers and a pocketed coil support core. The variety of materials increases the price point.
- Hybrid mattresses are also among the most complex in design. Mattress manufacturers who sell hybrids create them with the intention of combining the best qualities of all-foam and innerspring beds. Creating a mattress that provides the ideal blend of support and pressure relief is costly and time-consuming, making the final product more expensive.
- Hybrids require complex construction. Hybrids incorporate a mix of high-quality comfort layers, specialty foams, micro-coils, and other unique components that other mattresses dont contain.
- Airbeds feature air pockets in the support core or top layers of the bed. As opposed to simple air mattresses, airbeds can be very expensive.
- Most airbeds feature highly technical designs that incorporate remotes and controls to inflate and deflate the bed on command, precisely tuning it to your bodys sleep style.
- An airbeds price will rise if high-quality foams, like memory foam or latex, are used in the comfort layers.
Tips On How To Get The Best Price On A Mattress
First and foremost, consider your sleep style as this will narrow down your search. Shopping online will get you the most favorable prices. Youre cutting out the middleman by having the mattress delivered from the manufacturer straight to your door. Also, there are certain times of the year where good mattress prices are plentiful.
- Presidents Day
- Cyber Monday
Also Check: Purple Mattress In A Bag
Warranties Sleep Trials And Return Terms
Many quality mattresses come with a sleep trial and some sort of warranty. These policies often reflect a companys faith in its mattresses comfort and durability. However, lengthy sleep trials and generous warranties can increase a mattresss initial purchase price.
Companies suffer a financial loss whenever a customer returns their mattress. So companies calculate the expected loss on mattress returns and raise their prices to cover the cost to make up for this.
As a side note, always read the fine print when it comes to warranties and any sort of return policy. Some policies have hidden fees when it comes to returns and repairs.
We also want to note that an industry-standard mattress warranty covers the first 10 years of ownership.
What Should A Mattress Cost
What you pay for a mattress depends on several different factors, including quality, construction, and size. Each of the following factors can have a huge impact on cost, raising or lowering the price sometimes by hundreds of dollars. Understanding these factors can help you find the best mattresses for the money.
Read Also: Eurotop Vs Plush
Getting A Great Mattress Deal
Best Time of Year to Buy
When youre looking for the best price on your new mattress, keep in mind that prices can fluctuate several hundred dollars throughout the year depending on sales and seasonal averages.
Mattress brands and third-party retailers offerdiscounts around holidays likePresidents Day, Easter, July Fourth, Thanksgiving and Christmas, which can make these holidays a good time to ditch your old bed for a more comfortable one. To help you stay up to date on when these sales are happening, we recommend subscribing to the email newsletters of your favorite mattress brands and retailers. If youre not up for extra emails, just check the mattress sites a week or two before big national holidays to see if theyre offering a special.
We recommend buying a new mattress with care. Take your time, especially if youre investing in a bed that costs $1,000 or more. There are thousands of websites that offer market research about customers experiences, and customer reviews on third-party retailers websites, mattress retailers websites, and more can offer insight into how satisfied buyers are with the bed over time. Were just one of them! Be sure to check out ourmattress reviews.
Additional Hidden Factors That Influence Mattress Price
Average mattress price is influenced by many other factors which may not seem obvious from the first sight:
- Online vs in-person. While in a specialized store you can test mattresses by yourself, mattresses there are usually more expensive. If you try to haggle, you may get even as much as 50% off as retailers have high markups. If you arent good at bargaining, you will find buying online is cheaper.
- Warranty & return terms. Details of warranty and return policies envisioned by manufacturers can increase the initial price of mattresses. The longer the warranty is, the more the mattress may cost.
- Shipping & setup. Shipping may cost an additional 60 USD 100 USD, and the setup of a mattress in your bedroom may be included or added on top.
- Foundations & accessories. Foundation, bedding any other accessories will cost you extra money. Note that for larger mattresses like Queen, King, and California King it is more challenging to find accessories, therefore, they will be more expensive.
- Removal costs. You may want to have your mattress removed at a point. Mattress removal price varied between 75 USD and 200 USD with an average of 165 USD.
- Negotiation. Can you negotiate the price of a mattress? Yes, you can unless it is sold online. Offline retailers often have higher overhead costs, so sometimes you may negotiate even 50% off.
Also Check: Purple Mattress Faq
Our Queen Mattress Options
When it comes to picking a queen mattress, City Mattress makes it easy by having virtually anything you could ever want or need. With many top-quality brands to choose from, you can take your pick of what materials, methods and practices are used in the manufacturing of your mattress. For example, some of the brands we carry specialize in using organic and eco-friendly materials, while others emphasize that their products are handmade. Whatever it is you value in a mattress, we can help you find it. An important part of finding your perfect queen mattress is choosing an interior. Our innerspring mattresses contain complex networks of coils specifically designed to support you while you sleep. We also have mattresses made of memory foam of varying densities to create the perfect level of luxurious comfort. Additionally, we have hybrid mattresses, which combine the merits of innerspring and memory foam mattresses. We carry queen-size mattresses made with deluxe latex foam. Many of our queen mattresses are adjustable-friendly as well. And to suit your personal preferences, our queen mattresses come in firm, plush and pillow top.
Average Mattress Cost By Size
Because mattress price varies greatly depending on the type of mattress and potential add-ons, determining the cost of mattresses by size is difficult without accounting for other factors. However, the average mattress price by size generally breaks down like this:3
- Twin Ideal for single sleepers and small spaces, twin-size mattresses cost between $100 and $500, with $300 as an average rate. For twin XL mattresses, expect to pay an additional $50 to $200.
- Full Best for young adults and guest rooms, full-size mattresses typically cost between $200 and $600.
- Queen The most popular size, queen mattresses typically cost anywhere between $300 and $2,000, depending on the type.
- King For couples who love to sprawl out or share their space with kids and pets, king-size mattresses are ideal. Because of their expansive, luxurious size, they tend to be on the pricier side. Youll rarely find a quality king for less than $1,000 and the higher-end models can cost upwards of $5,000. Although less common, California kings are around the same price point.
You May Like: How Much Are My Pillow Mattress Toppers