Support & Motion Isolation
Memory foam is probably one of the best materials at absorbing and reducing motion transfer. While there is a layer of memory foam inside the Allswell mattress, it doesn’t do an excellent job at isolating motion.
This is more than likely due to the thinner foam layer used.
If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns, you’re going to feel their movements with this mattress.
It’s also not the best mattress for sex. While it does provide a good amount of bounce and ample edge support thanks to the coils, the firmer feel can be uncomfortable for some .
Honest Review Of All 3 Allswell Mattress Models
See How Allswell Mattresses Compare
See How Allswell Mattresses Compare
Price Allswell has the good-better-best model, meaning each bed is slightly more expensive than the last.
Thickness The base model is 10 thick, while Allswell Luxe hybrid, Brick, and Supreme are 12 and 14 thick, respectively.
Feel The base model has a firm feel, Allswell Luxe hybrid has a soft foam feel, and Allswell Supreme has a memory foam feel. Brick, on the other other hand, has more of a neutralized memory foam feel.
Firmness The base model and Brick are closer to a medium-firm, while Luxe is a true medium, and Supreme is in between.
Truthfully, if you are thinking about upgrading to Allswell Luxe or Supreme, the reason youd do that is to get a softer mattress. As it relates to Allswell Luxe vs Supreme, you would upgrade to get more of a memory foam feel. Aside from that, we do think Allswell Luxe is a fantastic value for the money.
How Much Does The Allswell Cost
Of course, before you purchase a new mattress youll want to look at how much it costs the Allswell wont break your piggy bank, which is great news! Take a look at our up-to-date pricing chart below, and make sure to click on one of the coupons in this article for a nice discount.
Prices listed are before discount or offer for each size.
Recommended Reading: How To Open Mattress In A Box
Is The Allswell A Good Mattress For You
Lets hit the ground running with some of the basics about the Allswell to help you decide if its a good mattress for you. Depending on your height, weight, and preferred sleeping position, the Allswell may or may not work for you. While I cant make that decision for you, I can provide you with some recommendations to help you get there on your own.
Allswell Mattress Reviews: What Do Customers Think
This Allswell mattress review found that buyers are overall delighted with these mattresses. Heres how all the spotlighted products above rate on the brand website:
- The Allswell4.5/5stars based on 3,259 reviews
- The Brick4.4/5stars based on 173 reviews
- The Luxe4.4/5stars based on 1,845 reviews
- The AllswellSupreme4.5/5stars based on 400 reviews
Reviewing The Allswell, one satisfied customer affirmed the brands claim to provide just the right balance of softness and firmness. Im 61 and have found that I wake up with hip and back pain if the mattress is too soft but dont sleep well if it is too firm. I am sleeping wonderfully and the Allswell has the perfect combination of give and support for my body.
The same reviewer also went on to draw attention to Allswells remarkable affordability compared to other brands on the market: It was an amazing deal compared to the other mattresses I was looking at. It came in at between one half and one third of the cost which is wonderful.
What about those who went for the gusto and shelled out for The Allswell Supreme? Suffice to say that the vast majority of them had a reaction like the following, from a customer who purchased it on a whim:
Wow. Just absolutely the most comfortable mattress Ive ever experienced. Just the right firmness soft top but not too much sink no bounce and just an overall feeling of quality and luxury. I literally look forward to returning just for the good nights sleep!
You May Like: What Size Is A Standard Hospital Bed Mattress
The Best Allswell Mattress By Sleeping Position
When shopping for a mattress, its important to consider your body type and sleeping position. Mattresses are not a one-size-fits-all product, as different mattresses support all sleepers differently. If you like to shop for mattresses by your sleeping position, heres a breakdown of how the Allswell mattresses serve side, stomach and back sleepers.
Where Can I Find A Great Affordable Mattress
If you’re searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, we’ve compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2022, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!
Don’t Miss: Who Makes The Beautyrest Mattress
Excellent Matches For Allswell
- Stomach Sleepers The individually wrapped coils provide excellent support for stomach sleepers who typically require a firmer mattress. The soft yet supportive bed offers terrific lift and spinal alignment.
- Combination SleepersThis bed provides quality support for back sleepers as the foam top offers support in the lower back region, and the spring coils and polyfoam make for a good response when shifting positions in the middle of the night.
- Couples The edge support for the price is outstanding. When shifting to the very end on either side, the reinforced edges should offer a comfortable, supportive surface end-to-end without compromising space due to sagging, making it an excellent choice for couples.
What Is The Allswell Mattress Made Of
The Allswell is a hybrid mattress that combines layers of quilted memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils to create a firm yet pressure-relieving structure. This is the same base construction implemented in the Luxe Hybrid, but the latter gets a little oomph from the addition of a 2 plush pillow topper.
But enough chat! Lets dive into this bed.
Cover The cover is composed of a polyester and spandex blend, which makes for a breathable and stretchy material. Additionally, the covers quilted with 0.75 inches of gel memory foam, which provides the sleeper with some immediate pressure relief. The gel infusion here is important, because it helps to mitigate the overheating properties of memory foam.
Comfort Layer Next up, youll find 2 inches of firm poly foam. This materials super bouncy and has a quick response to pressure, so will help to keep the sleeper positioned more on top of the mattress than in it. Id also add that the buoyant nature of the foam should allow you to move around and change positions easily throughout the night.
Support Layer Once you sink through the foam top layers, you land in the support layer of the mattress, built here with a system of pocketed coils. These coils are individually wrapped, which not only helps encourage airflow throughout the bed, but also aids in motion isolation. Overall, this layer is what imbues the mattress with its shape, stability, and support.
Also Check: Where Do They Sell Purple Mattress
Temperature And Sleeping Cool
Allswell features two different cooling systems to make sure the layers of foam dont overheat during the night.
First, the foam is specially designed to absorb heat and dissipate it through the surface and towards the edges. Second, the mattress is encased in a quilted material that will remain cool regardless how hot the temperature outside gets.
Finally, the firmer version has a supplementary cooling system, supported by the layer of coils. This creates an aerated core that allows for good ventilation.
Is The Allswell Right For Me
- Youre on a budget: Possibly the best affordable mattress on the market, this hybrid delivers comfort and support at an unbeatable price. And with a 100-day sleep trial and free shipping and returns, theres no reason not to give it a go.
- You love a firm mattress: The Allswell is quite firm, but its 1 of quilted topping balances out the firm foam with plush cushioning.
- You sleep hot: All of the materials in this mattress contribute to its cooling comfort. As a result, it sleeps cooler than a typical hybrid mattress.
- You sleep with a partner: Excellent motion isolation makes this a great pick if youre looking for the best mattress for couples. Youll feel nearly nothing when your significant other changes positions or gets out of bed.
- Youre a stomach sleeper or a back sleeper: The firm, yet supportive gel memory foam combined with a breathable quilted cushion top makes this a highly supportive and pressure-relieving mattress for stomach and back sleepers.
You May Like: Best Pillow For Side Sleeper Cooling
Are Allswell Mattresses Good Quality
Despite their low prices, Allswell mattresses are generally considered high quality by both expert reviewers and customers. When it comes to considerations such as edge support, motion transfer, springiness, temperature control and general comfort, these mattresses tend to get positive reviews across the board.
One issue some have reviewers have raised is that the quilted cover is non-removable, so may be more challenging to clean. And of course, its difficult to know how durable over time Allswell mattresses will be, given that they have only been around for a couple of years . But overall both customers and reviewers are near-unanimous: Allswell mattresses offer exceptional value, and if youre looking for a hybrid mattress-in-a-box, theyre very hard to beat on price.
Summary: The Allswell Mattress
The Allswell mattress is backed by Walmart, so you’ve likely seen ads for it this is Walmart’s ‘bed in a box’ solution, and you can order it through the Walmart website or through a separate Allswell micro-site. Its mattresses are manufactured in the United States. And like most of the Walmart brand, value is a big focus. A queen size Allswell mattress currently sells for $345 with free shipping. That’s a price point that matches many entry-level offerings from bigger mattress brands, and compares well to what you’ll see in discount furniture stores like IKEA.
The Allswell is what we call a hybrid mattress, meaning it features a fairly traditional innerspring support of pocketed steel coils, topped with a couple of inches of what the company calls memory foam .
The mattress has a very traditional look, with a relatively flat cover and a little quilting. We judged it a Firm on our scale, without much cushioning depth, meaning you don’t sink much into this mattress. In our back support testing, we thought it would suit a wide range of back and stomach sleepers, with the possible exception of those on the higher end of the weight scale. However, we didn’t think the Allswell mattress would be a great choice for side sleepers it’s too firm to allow shoulders to sink in enough to created a neutral spinal alignment.
Value is the big story here. You get free shipping and a pretty standard 100-day trial that includes free pickup should you decide to return the bed.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Best Mattress Stain Remover
Who I Dont Recommend The Allswell For
- Side sleepers may want to look at the Allswell Supreme, which is designed with a more plush surface to provide both pressure relief and support.
- If youre a fan of memory foam, you may be a bit disappointed here. There is less than an inch of memory foam in the build of this bed, so you are not going to get that hugging feeling you may be looking for.
How Does The 100
Your body needs some time to adjust to a new mattress, so its a good thing that Allswell offers a 100-night risk-free trial, with certain parameters, of course.
The mattress can be returned for a refund within 100 nights of delivery, but only the purchase price is refundable the recycling fee is not. If you buy two mattresses and decide that youd like to return both mattresses within 100 days, unfortunately, you wont be able to. Only one mattress can be returned per household per year.
When you initiate the mattress return on their website, Allswell will send instructions on the best way to process the return. Once the mattress arrives back at Allswell, it will usually take 7-10 business days to receive your refund.
You May Like: Best Pillow For Herniated Disc In Neck
Getting Your Allswell Mattress
Your Allswell mattress will arrive in a box where itll be rolled up, compressed, and wrapped in plastic. Order processing takes at most 2 business days, and delivery takes up to 7 business days.
You can opt for express shipping or white-glove delivery for an extra cost. Otherwise, shipping is free. Note that white-glove delivery is currently unavailable due to COVID-19.
According to reviewers, off-gassing is minimal and goes away within a few days.
Testing The Allswell Mattress In Different Sleeping Positions
Different sleeping positions and weights require different amounts of support. Generally, light sleepers dont need the same amount of support as heavy sleepers. Read on below to see how the Allswell mattress performs for sleepers of different weights.
Is the Allswell a Good Mattress for Light Sleepers ?
- Light Back Sleepers Light back sleepers tend to feel mattresses a bit firmer than advertised, so I think this bed would be a good option for these folks if they prefer a firmer touch. Although it may be a little firmer than these sleepers might normally aim for, the Allswell would provide adequate support with its polyfoam and pocketed coils, as well as a little bit of plush from the memory foam.
- Light Side Sleepers This mattress may be a touch too firm for light side sleepers. Generally, these folks want sinkage at their shoulders and hips, and contouring at their pressure-prone joints, which they wont get with this bed.
- Light Stomach Sleepers Light stomach sleepers should do really well on this mattress. These sleepers need enough support to lift their hips and keep their spine in alignment, which the Allswell will be able to do!
Is the Allswell a Good Mattress for Average Weight Sleepers ?
Is the Allswell a Good Mattress for Heavy Sleepers ?
Read Also: What Mattress Is Good For Side Sleepers
Who Will The Allswell Mattress Suit
- Sleepers who like a medium firmness: Though Allswell rates it between 4.5-6.5 on a firmness scale, we’d rate it at a 5, which is a solid way of saying that it’s not soft or firm it’s right in the middle.
- Owners with a box spring: This mattress is only 10 inches tall so placing it on a box spring would provide a more comfortable height to the bed.
- Memory foam fans who like some support: A layer of memory foam over individually-wrapped coils provides a nice bounce and good support.
- Those on a budget: This quality mattress prices well below its competitors.
- Those who need time to experience the mattress: With a 100-night risk-free trial, you can sleep comfortably in knowing that you won’t be stuck with something you dont like.
Allswell Mattress Review For 2022
Rachael Gilpin Transparency Disclosure We may receive a referral fee for products purchased through the links on our site…Read More.
Allswell is making a name for itself in the budget mattress game with their hybrid mattress, offering comfort and support at an attractive price. Ringing in at less than $400, Allswell gives other brands a run for their money and contributes some stiff competition with its individually wrapped coils, and graphite and copper-infused memory foam.
If you’re searching for an excellent bed without breaking the bank, this is a favorite of Sleep Advisor’s in the budget choice category. In addition to comfort, this mattress offers quality edge support and innovative cooling capabilities to keep you comfortable. Read on for our in-depth analysis of the Allswell mattress or if you are in a hurry, skip down to our scoring and recap.
Don’t Miss: How Much Do Mattress Testers Make
What Does The Allswell Mattress Cost
The Allswell Hybrid mattress is priced very affordably. Its quite a bit cheaper than the average mattress in a box. Given the beds high-quality construction and the fact that its manufactured by a well-respected bedding company, we think this mattress is an excellent value. Heres how pricing breaks down by size.
The Allswell Bed Will Be Great For Sleeping If
- You like choosing the level of firmness Most bed-in-a-box products come in one version of firmness in a try to please everyone with just one product. With Allswell, you have the possibility to choose the one you like: softer or firmer.
- Back support is important to you This product may be designed with memory foam, but it comes with significant improvements. This means the entire surface is flexible but also firm, providing anyone lying on top with good back support.
- You enjoy being spoiled with luxury materials Most luxury mattresses try to implement expensive materials, but only for the top area. With this product, the inside is just as important. You will be treated like a king with innovative foams, pocketed coils, and quilted fabrics.
- Plush toppers are your thing The surface will contour to your body due to the plush topper with braided piping .
- You want a bed that regulates body temperature Special materials were used to make sure you wont overheat during the night. Given the height of the mattress and the types of foam and materials, a cooling system is very important for this surface to keep cool at night.
Also Check: How Long Can A Mattress Last