Mattress Brand Price Comparison
Most people can find a high-quality queen-size mattress for around $1,000. While this may seem expensive, a new mattress is an investment that can make a big difference in your overall well-being. Its important to remember that more expensive mattresses typically last longer and come with better warranties. Below, we compare price ranges for our five top-rated mattress brands.
*For a queen-size mattress at the time of publishing
What Size Of Mattress Do You Need
Its important to pick the correct size of mattress or else it wont fit into your bedframe. Make sure the length and width of your mattress match your bed frame.
What size is a small single mattress?
A small single mattress is 75cm wide and 190cm long, in imperial dimensions it equals to 2ft 6 inches width and 6ft and 3 inches long. Perfect for a young kids bedroom or a small box room if youre looking to save space.
What size is a single mattress?
What size is a small double mattress?
The metric dimensions, for a small double mattress, is 120cm wide and 190cm long in the imperial world this is 4 feet wide and 6 ft 3 inches long. Theyre most suited for one person however you can squeeze a second person in if they decide to say the night.
What size is a double mattress?
The most common size of mattress is a double 135cm wide by 190cm length in imperial thats 4ft 6 inches wide and 6ft 3 inches long. Ideal for two people that want to make the most of their bedroom space.
What size is a king mattress?
If your taller you may want to invest in a king size mattress length is 200cm long by 150cm wide imperial measurements are 5 ft wide and 6 feet 6 inches long. It’s also great for if you want an extra bit of room from your partner.
What size is a superking mattress?
What Are The Queen Mattresses That Purple Sells
- Purple Mattress The Purple® Mattress is known as the bed that broke the internet. Its ideal for all sleepers with its cooling comfort and No Pressure® Support. It features a 2 Purple Grid layer and a durable base of high-density foam. As a foam mattress, it is hypoallergenic, resistant to dust mites, and works exceptionally well with an adjustable bed frame.
- Purple Hybrid The Purple® Hybrid features a base layer of responsive support coils and a 2-inch Purple Grid. These pocket coils for optimal support, responsiveness, and durability. It also encourages airflow through the mattress for a cooler nights sleep. The Hybrid is recommended for heavier sleepers and side sleepers as well as those who want a more luxurious sleeping experience.
- Purple Hybrid Premier The Purple® Hybrid Premier represents the peak in weightless comfort and No Pressure® Support. Featuring your choice of 3 or 4 inches of the Purple Grid top layer, this queen bed suspends the body in zero-gravity comfort, eliminating tension and letting the body relax in its natural state from head to toe. A layer of responsive pocketed coils provides additional support and responsiveness. The Purple® Hybrid Premier may be the best queen size mattress for any sleeper. Its recommended for those who desire the pinnacle of comfort.
Recommended Reading: Dreamcloud Unboxing
You May Like: California King Vs Wyoming King
Cost Factors For Innerspring Mattresses
Here are some important considerations to make when looking at innersprings:
- The price-point of an innerspring mattress is often tied to durability and lifespan. Cheaper models tend to feature polyfoam comfort layers and bonnell coils, which typically perform for three to five years. Costlier innersprings may feature memory foam or latex in the comfort layer and more durable coils such as offset or continuous-wire coils in the support core.
- Some innersprings are constructed with pocketed coils its important to note that mattresses featuring at least two inches of memory foam and/or latex in the comfort layer and pocketed coils in the support core are technically considered hybrids, not innersprings.
- Gauge can be used to determine how durable a mattress coil is thicker low-gauge coils are more durable than thinner high-gauge coils.
- Many mattress manufacturers list coil count as a measure of quality and durability and the price may reflect this but coil count does not necessarily reflect the lifespan of an innerspring mattress.
How To Choose A Mattress For Back Sleepers
People who sleep on their backs exert the most strain on their lower backs. When a mattress is overly soft, the middle of your body sinks in deeper than the upper back and lower body, causing a spinal curve that can cause strain. If a mattress is overly firm, the modest bend in the lower back will not be accommodated. As a result, back sleepers benefit from a mattress that is medium firm to firm.
Recommended Reading: Purple Mattress Recycle
Love It Or Exchange It
It takes time for you and your new mattress to get used to each other. That’s why we give you 365 days to be sure you’re compatible. If the chemistry isn’t right, simply come back and choose another mattress. When you’ve found your perfect match, you can sleep easy for years to come with our free 25-year warranty.
See How Much You Should Budget For Your Next New Mattress
No one likes to feel cheated when making a big purchase, but when it comes to buying a new mattress it can be difficult to determine what constitutes a fair price. The wide range of brands and models, plus inflated sales prices and obscured product information also add to the confusion. Plus, price is only part of the picture, as it is not uncommon to see a low-quality bed and a high-quality bed sold for the same amount. To provide insight into how much one should expect to spend for a decent-quality mattress, we took a look at leading brands of each mattress type.
You May Like: What Is A Euro Top Mattress Vs Plush
What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Mattress
The average lifespan of a mattress depends on the mattress type.
- Innerspring mattresses often last only 5 to 6 years. Low-quality mattresses may lose support in as little as three years.
- Memory foam mattresses last an average of 7 years. However, high-quality memory foam mattresses can still feel comfortable after a decade of nightly use.
- Hybrid mattresses last about 7 years. This number may change because manufacturers continue to alter and improve hybrid designs.
- Natural latex mattresses can last up to 15 years or more. Synthetic latex mattresses often have a lifespan comparable to the average memory foam mattress.
- Reports on air bed lifespans are inconsistent. Some owners say their air mattress only lasted 5 years, while others say their bed lasted a decade. Twenty-five percent of air bed owners had to replace at least one part during its lifetime, according to Sleep Like the Dead.
You can extend your mattresss likely lifespan by rotating it every three to six months.
What To Look For In A Mattress
Your mattress impacts every aspect of your life because a bad nights sleep interferes with your ability to function. There have been numerous studies on how sleep deprivation impairs cognitive function and it all comes down to your choice of mattress.
When shopping for a new mattress ensure
- The mattress offers support without sinkage
- The mattress is comfortable
- Made of modern materials using cutting edge sleep science techniques
- Its within your budget
High-density foams, while costing a little more, are saving you money in the long run because they are more durable
Read Also: Sleepy’s Return Policy
How Much Does A Foam Mattress Cost
Foam mattresses can vary widely in quality, and it comes down to the materials and number of layers. From gel foam to memory foam, start your mattress search ensuring that your mattresses are CERTI-PUR US certified, meaning they are free of ozone depleters, VOCs, formaldehyde, and other harmful materials.
Most foam mattresses have comfort, support, and base layers, while pricier versions will utilize multiple layers for more sophisticated support with varying types of foam.
Some more affordable brands offer quality mattresses starting at around $500, while more splurge mattresses can cost upward of three thousand dollars. Again, a good expectation is to budget between $1,000 and $1,500 for one of the best memory foam mattresses.
Air Bed Mattress Costs
Air bed mattresses allow you to adjust the firmness via air pump, which makes it perfect for couples with different sleep preferences. This level of customization does come at a premium, however. The most expensive air beds have latex or memory foam comfort layers and include a remote control so you can make adjustments easily.
Don’t Miss: Drury Inn Mattress
How Much Should You Budget For A New Mattress
Youre ready to create a new sleep retreat, and now youre wondering about your mattress budget.
The question at hand is, How much should you budget for a new mattress? This is a broad question as you can buy one from several hundred dollars to more than several thousand.
How do you decide how much to spend? In this article, we look at the most appropriate mattress budget for your needs.
How Much Does Good And A Brand New Mattress Cost
Is it time to change your bed mattress with the new one? According to several sources, a bed mattress usually lasts between seven up to ten years. This also depends on how you look after your bed. If you take care of it well, then the bed can last up to a decade.
The question after that is this: How much does a mattress cost? Of course, this can get tricky. If it is very cheap but does not last more than seven years, then you will not be surprised by the price. After all, you get what you have bargained for.
However, if you pay quite a fortune and the bed mattress quality is disappointing, then that will be annoying. Not only you have lost a lot of money over a mattress that lasts only shorter than seven years, but you must also buy another one real quick.
Other things to consider are the materials the mattresses are made of. If you cannot determine the difference between latex, foam, and innerspring beds, then you need to do your careful research first. The last thing you need is having a sleepless night due to an uncomfortable bed mattress.
You May Like: Wyoming King Bed Mattress
Using The Mattress Quiz How To Figure Out What Mattress You Should Buy
With so many mattresses available on the marketplace, shopping for a new bed can feel a bit overwhelming. Our mattress quiz will help you decide which mattress is the best fit for you. This personalized tool finds mattresses that are most compatible with your sleeping position, body type, and budget. The quiz will also incorporate factors such as temperature preferences and sleeping with a partner, which can both affect how comfortable a mattress feels for an individual.
Memory Foam Mattress Prices
Memory Foam mattresses have a reputation for being costly, but the propagation of competitive brands today has introduced more reasonably priced options.
Average twin memory mattress price is $1,450 with choices ranging as low as $200 to more than $7,500. The cost of memory foam differs considerably by brand. Other influencing factors include foam density and the amount of foam in the bed.
You May Like: Purple Matress Dust
Budget How Much Are You Willing To Spend On A Mattress
Mattresses from £99 – £250 Open sprung mattresses, also known as traditional sprung, offer great value and are perfect for a spare room. The springs are formed in continual rows all connected to form a frame.
Mattresses from £499 – £699 Combination or memory foam mattress work independently to support and your body, the added luxury of the memory foam will reduce pressure points to give your body a floatation effect just like our Rejuvenate range
Mattresses from £200 – £800 A pocket sprung mattress consists of individual springs encased in fabric to form a pocket. Our Kaymed mattresses are designed to respond immediately to any body movements, ensuring the optimum level of comfort.
Mattresses from £800 – £2000 For superior comfort, handcrafted with natural fibres then you would be looking at our Burrow and Sleep collection.
Cost Factors For A Bed Base
The bed base refers to the part of a bed that supports the mattress. Here are a few of the factors to consider when youre thinking about purchasing a bed base to hold up your mattress.
- Box springs are generally cheaper than other kinds of bed bases, but may require an additional foundation or legs if you want storage space underneath. Its worth noting that box springs can help to extend the lifespan of your mattress, preventing deterioration and sagging.
- Foundations or platforms tend to be on the less expensive side. Like box springs, they can help to add value to your mattress purchase by extending its lifespan. They are generally set up to have storage space below, so there probably wont be a need for extra purchases like with box springs.
- There are a few factors that can make your bed base pricier. Some foundations have extra storage drawers and/or headboards, for example. These are often more expensive.
- Adjustable beds, which can be raised at the head or foot to create different angles for sleeping, are the priciest options. Still, they can be important for certain kinds of sleepers, such as people with poor circulation, sleep apnea, or other sleep problems. If you have certain sleep conditions, the price of an adjustable bed base may be well worth it for higher-quality sleep over time.
Don’t Miss: My Pillow Mattress Topper Return Policy
How Long Does An Ikea Mattress Take To Completely Unroll
Before using for the first time, its normal for new mattresses to feel a bit too firm, so you should allow one month for your body to get used to the mattress and for the mattress to get used to your body. New materials also have their own particular smell. We recommend airing the mattress to help eliminate any smell. If you buy a roll packed mattress, you can use it straight away but keep in mind that it takes 34 days of use for them to regain their shape.
Shopping Guide: How Much Does A Mattress Cost
A good nights sleep is a luxury that not most of us experience on a daily basis. You may be surprised how big of a role your mattress plays in affecting your overall sleep quality. Thats why investing the perfect mattress is so important.
Now, there are many factors to consider when buying a new mattress. Including budget, mattress types and lifespans, firmness level, sleeping positions, ailments, and the like. Well touch on a few of these areas. But, mainly, well be talking about planning your budget.
Read Also: Can A Casper Mattress Go On A Box Spring
Queen Mattress Between $1000
This is the price range where most Aussies are happy to spend on a good quality new Queen mattress.
There are plenty of good-quality mattresses within this price point, and you will find many of them to be supportive, durable, and comfortable.
If this is your preferred price range, we will have
Elegance Queen size mattress $1099
Supreme Comfort Queen size mattress $1250
How Much Does A Hybrid Mattress Cost
It’s quite possible to find a great hybrid mattress around the $1,000 mark, but we find that the average cost of a good hybrid mattress is about $1,500. We averaged the cost of a queen across our favorite hybrid mattress from brands like Casper, Saatva, Avocado, Awara, Dreamcloud, and more with the models ranging in price from just under $1,000 to $1,700. Of course, these prices are before any mattress sales that frequently run throughout the year.
Note, with the exception of Casper , the majority of these brands were only available online.
Read Also: Does The Purple Mattress Need A Box Spring
Other Factors That Impact Mattress Price
There are a number of other factors that may affect the cost of a mattress, regardless of the type of bed it is. Here are some additional things to consider when it comes to the final price of your bed:
Shipping costs: While many manufacturers will give you free delivery when you order a mattress for them, some will charge a shipping fee. If you live in offshore U.S. territories, Hawaii, or Alaska, you can definitely expect to pay some additional shipping costs. For manufacturers that dont offer free shipping with their beds, you can expect to pay $100 or more.
Returns: If you end up returning your mattress, you might have to pay a fee. Most online mattress companies offer sleep trials that allow customers to test out their bed before deciding whether to keep it. A lot of these trials come with fees for shipping and handling, so make sure you check the fine print in the company policy before you buy.
White Glove delivery: A high percentage of mattress manufacturers offer a service called White Glove delivery. This includes in-home assembly of your new mattress and packaging waste removal. This can cost anywhere from $99 on up.
Foundations: Depending on whether you need to buy a mattress foundation and what type you select, this could add quite a bit to your final bed price. Most mattresses will have options for foundations under the same brand name and these can cost anywhere from $150 on up.